Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Pharaoh
Squabble?, don’t over-rate yourself, you are amusement material, nothing more.

Cheap points though, eh.

There comes a point in everybody's life, either sooner or later, where they are touched by tragedy. As it happens, mine came sooner than most. You won't ever hear me talk about it though, other than with very close friends, and only at their behest, and most definitely not with total strangers, on the Internet, for reasons I, personally, would regard as distasteful.

YMMV.

multitool

Pharaoh
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...089802d51fa0c9#block-65bba8f08f089802d51fa0c9

Trouble ahead. Pretty much all current UK strikes seem to be about battling for a bigger share of the government purse.

I wonder what "levelling up" workers' rights actually means...

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The latest from Labour seems to be that the party has already decided to abandon their £28bn green investment plan and just stick with ideas they've already come up with.

I suppose I shouldn't be entirely surprised that they've scaled back so drastically already, but it would be quite refreshing if the party would actually stick to something.

multitool

Pharaoh
The latest from Labour seems to be that the party has already decided to abandon their £28bn green investment plan and just stick with ideas they've already come up with.

I suppose I shouldn't be entirely surprised that they've scaled back so drastically already, but it would be quite refreshing if the party would actually stick to something.

I suspect they've realised that theTories will just use it as a stick with which to beat them.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Any good? It's on our list. Probably have a cry fest at Color Purple first.

Doesn't have quite the punch of the original film, but it's still really good. Recommended!

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I suspect they've realised that theTories will just use it as a stick with which to beat them.

They have been. I'd have hoped Labour would have stood up to them, or at least come up with a more compelling response than "Yeah, you know what, it won't work. We'll just leave it then, eh?"

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
They have been. I'd have hoped Labour would have stood up to them, or at least come up with a more compelling response than "Yeah, you know what, it won't work. We'll just leave it then, eh?"

As a strategic manoeuvre Labour have probably got it right. Remove the oxygen from the Tories ability to fight. This has to be viewed in the wider context that Labour do not really have anybody fighting for them in the media, bar the Guardian and possibly the Mirror. Everything is is default Tory.

Not very satisfying I agree, but I'll take ruthless efficiency over anything else at present.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
As a strategic manoeuvre Labour have probably got it right. Remove the oxygen from the Tories ability to fight. This has to be viewed in the wider context that Labour do not really have anybody fighting for them in the media, bar the Guardian and possibly the Mirror. Everything is is default Tory.

Not very satisfying I agree, but I'll take ruthless efficiency over anything else at present.

Yes and no I suppose. It'll just be spun that Labour are backpedalling as per.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
Yes and no I suppose. It'll just be spun that Labour are backpedalling as per.

Of course. But the policy they are dropping is unlikely to be a priority amongst the average voter, so I suppose the calculation is what will cause the least damage.

I'm all for it actually. I want to see the Conservative party decimated as an electoral end in itself and I'm quite comfortable with Labour compromising in order to deliver this.

😥

Attachments

• IMG_1274.jpeg
    IMG_1274.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 16
Top Bottom