Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Adam, where are you babe?

He's probably enjoying Austin's face during this exchange.

View: https://twitter.com/SaulStaniforth/status/1757130171344207986?t=o4VbiP6MmWmrOuGDws13AQ&s=19

D

Deleted member 159

Hamas supporting prospective MP for labour has been kicked into touch by Starmer

D

Deleted member 159

5 more labour MPs/candidates appear to be in trouble with their anti Israel comments.

Will Starmer act?

multitool

If you listen to the Israeli PR machine and its shills and lackeys, the merest whiff of criticism of Israeli actions aka ethnic cleansing will be portrayed as 'anti-semitic'. One of the people cited is a Labour Councillor who went on a pro-Palestine march.

Of course the greatest recruiter for anti-semistism has been Israel carrying out a genocide. Even the dimmest, most cloth-eared people who could not see through the massive PR effort will not be able to maintain their own cognitive dissonance in the face of Israel bombing civilians into the furthest corner of Gaza and then attacking them. Those 13,000 children killed cannot all have been active participants in Oct 7th. There comes a point at which an AK47 is too heavy for a toddler to hold. And most people could outrun a 6 month old baby intent on murder.

I suspect UK voters won't fall for the AS scam this time round in sufficient numbers, but we will see the Conservatives and their client press trying to push the narrative to distract from their own woes.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It would be funny, if it wasn't so pathetic and tragic, that the "Labour are Anti Semitic" card is being played again.

Pretty tricky to lay that one on Starmer on any case, who's wife is Jewish and they're raising their children in line with her faith.

Reactions: C R

multitool

It would be funny, if it wasn't so pathetic and tragic, that the "Labour are Anti Semitic" card is being played again.

Pretty tricky to lay that one on Starmer on any case, who's wife is Jewish and they're raising their children in line with her faith.

I think the line will be that Starmer is not in control of his party and it is full of anti-semites, not that Starmer himself is anti-semitic.

multitool

Partially relevant, but one of the funniest things of the past few days is the rabid Stephen Pollard, former editor of the extreme zionist rag, the Jewish Chronicle*, and principal participant in the Labour AS accusations, complaining that he's unsuccessful on dating sites because of anti semitism

Screenshot_20240214_090831_Samsung Internet.jpg

I mean, he must be right. It must be anti-semitism. What else could it be?

Ladies, dry your fannies...

Screenshot_20240214_091034_Samsung Internet.jpg

* Readers might be interested to know who is listed as the sole owner of the Jewish Chronicle

multitool

Having said all this, I think there was (possibly still is) a genuine issue with anti-semitism in the Labour party. It was clearly exploited, exagerrated, confected in certain cases by those with an interest so to do, but it was there nonetheless.

And yes, those responsible have both gifted an attack line to the Israeli lobby and made it near impossible for Labour to take a strong stance on current Israeli actions.

Political stupidity in the extreme.

And yes, the Tory party is islamophobic in the extreme, but the weighting of these things in terms of press exposure, is not equal.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Not commenting on Starmer’s affiliations, but, from personal experience, having a wife of particular faith does not make you a supporter of that faith.

At least, not in my experience.

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Not commenting on Starmer’s affiliations, but, from personal experience, having a wife of particular faith does not make you a supporter of that faith.

That's fair enough, but if you're prepared to raise your children in a particular way, then you're supportive.

Ian H

Legendary Member

Except anti-semitism isn't to do with faith. There are plenty of non-religious Jews.

Top Bottom