Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Typical Elexei Sayle.
Boring. Still, he managed to make a career out of being pure shouty.

I don't think Alexei Sayle could be considered boring, but each to their own I suppose.

matticus

Guru
I don't think Alexei Sayle could be considered boring, but each to their own I suppose.

I saw him at the thee-airtur just before lockdown. His anti-tory rants were very tedious; they mostly consisted of wishing messy painful death on people he's never met. Audience lapped it up, and I was a little embarassed to be there.
When he stuck to more constructive imaginative humour [listen to his R4 Sandwich Bar show to get a feel] he was mostly brilliant.

I saw him at the thee-airtur just before lockdown. His anti-tory rants were very tedious; they mostly consisted of wishing messy painful death on people he's never met. Audience lapped it up, and I was a little embarassed to be there.
When he stuck to more constructive imaginative humour [listen to his R4 Sandwich Bar show to get a feel] he was mostly brilliant.

I liked Sandwich Bar, but his Train Journeys show is very tedious....

I use it to help me sleep, which isn’t a great endorsement but I have a few podcasts like that.

I've been listening to 'Science in Action' to nod-off to on BBC sounds, started at 2019 and am now into the Covid pandemic...interesting to hear this stuff with the benefit of hindsight!

Last edited:

multitool

Starmer is going to win.

And he is going to win with people having no expectations of him whatsoever.

Could he possibly have played this any better?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Starmer is going to win.

And he is going to win with people having no expectations of him whatsoever.

Could he possibly have played this any better?

Genuine question: what if he doesn't?

I appreciate that's unlikely, but it is a possibility.

Should he win, I have expectations of him as a Labour leader, but I doubt he'll fulfil them. Though that's on me I suppose.

Reactions: C R

multitool

Should he win, I have expectations of him as a Labour leader, but I doubt he'll fulfil them. Though that's on me I suppose.

I meant expectations in the sense of trying to sell a picture of a thriving UK.
Anything they manage to do will be a bonus in the eyes of the electorate.

If young families find they can book an NHS dentist that will be a huge improvement in their eyes. Ditto NHS waiting lists for the elderly.

albion

Guru
One can always hope that with the right forcing labour to walk the tightrope, an unleashed in power Starmer labour might be positive.
Recession positive means damp squid so he certainly won't look much of a winner, even if he has it in him.

Top Bottom