Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I saw him at the thee-airtur just before lockdown. His anti-tory rants were very tedious; they mostly consisted of wishing messy painful death on people he's never met. Audience lapped it up, and I was a little embarassed to be there.
When he stuck to more constructive imaginative humour [listen to his R4 Sandwich Bar show to get a feel] he was mostly brilliant.

You should have left them.

albion

Guru
Are you Dutch by any chance?
Are you Cupid. Are you Cupid.

D

Deleted member 159

If young families find they can book an NHS dentist that will be a huge improvement in their eyes.

Teeth, surely.

Foreign dentists to be allowed to work in UK without qualification checks​

Ministers plan to scrap exam required to allow dentists from countries outside of Europe to work here, in a bid to solve dentistry crisis

Gobsmacked!

Yet another future legal action for mutilated butchery

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Mutilated Butchery would be a quality band name.

Here's a fun quiz for Saturday morning, which of the following is not a real band?

A) Crowbar Abortion
B) Cattle Decapitation
C) Scrofulous Gut
D) Impaled Nazarene

D

Deleted member 121

Ministers plan to scrap exam required to allow dentists from countries outside of Europe to work here, in a bid to solve dentistry crisis

Gobsmacked!

More Büllshit...

They have to be qualified. What you are pertaining to is the fact they are suggesting they won't have to complete the UK exam to register which can take years. It's all here...

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/government-plans-to-boost-dental-workforce-by-cutting-red-tape

AndyRM

Elder Goth
D

Deleted member 121

It's actually a pretty good idea. The NHS waiting list for dentistry is bonkers, and it's not much better if you go private either.

It's better than suffering in pain for some ideological BS about foreigners coming over here to work. Im not hearing much in the way of solutions coming form people like CXRAndy to solve the dentistry crisis...

D

Deleted member 159

It's better than suffering in pain for some ideological BS about foreigners coming over here to work. Im not hearing much in the way of solutions coming form people like CXRAndy to solve the dentistry crisis...

Dentistry is private now in the UK, take out a policy or just pay to go private

D

Deleted member 121

There is a shortage of all dentists. At least in my area and i suspect in many other areas too going by the reports. There's a waiting list even for private. About 50% have gone in the past 25 years. You see, Germany, France, USA, Canada, Australia etc all pay more and costs around 50 grand to train as a dentist here and noob dentists get around 30k. We just don't value our services and needs and care only for short-termism.

multitool

Gobsmacked!

Brexit/Tory bonus.

Well done for voting for it, you twerp

AndyRM

Elder Goth

The option is there for sure, it's one I explored myself and even started down.

I waited 3 months to have an extraction, a further 3 for a denture to be made. This all cost about £1,000. To have an implant made and fitted would have set me back a further £10,000 and another 9 months of looking like a pirate.

Unsurprisingly I've decided to stay looking like a pirate.

It's not much better with the NHS either - waiting lists are huge across the board.

C R

Über Member
The option is there for sure, it's one I explored myself and even started down.

I waited 3 months to have an extraction, a further 3 for a denture to be made. This all cost about £1,000. To have an implant made and fitted would have set me back a further £10,000 and another 9 months of looking like a pirate.

Unsurprisingly I've decided to stay looking like a pirate.

It's not much better with the NHS either - waiting lists are huge across the board.

In our area it is as difficult to get private treatment as it is to get NHS treatment.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
In our area it is as difficult to get private treatment as it is to get NHS treatment.

Yup.

My lack of tooth is an appearance thing, nothing more, so I don't really care because I'm devastatingly handsome without it.

My fiancée, however, is in intermittent agony because of a wisdom tooth which needs pulling, complicated because the roots are wrapped around others apparently.

4 month wait to go private, and a £4k bill, or 6 on the NHS (which we already pay for and she's on).

But yeah, foreigners are bad. Stands to reason, innit?

• Sad
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom