Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Those uppity Scots are still being uppity.

We don’t think that the speaker of the House of Commons is fit to continue in his role. He was obviously bullied into submission last week by the leader of the Labour party.
When it was pointed out by the interviewer that both Keir Starmer and Hoyle had denied this, Flynn said that was “like me denying that I’m a bald”.

If you read between the lines it's an attack on Labour.

So again, entirely designed to damage their chief electoral opponents.

I've come to the conclusion that it is not a given that Hoyle was bullied. His line that he wanted the broadest possible debate (and by extension vote) makes sense.

The SNP motion excluded a huge range of voters (Labour loyalists and Tories). The Labour amendment allowed a call for ceasefire without apportioning blame.

bobzmyunkle

Entirely??? I can believe it might be a bit more that way than it was, and who would blame them for that. But entirely? Paranoia from the Starmer fan I think

multitool

Starmer fan?

Only in so much as I want a Labour government, and Starmer is the sole option.

Why go for playground-level jibes?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
If you read between the lines it's an attack on Labour.

I've come to the conclusion that it is not a given that Hoyle was bullied. His line that he wanted the broadest possible debate (and by extension vote) makes sense.

The SNP motion excluded a huge range of voters (Labour loyalists and Tories). The Labour amendment allowed a call for ceasefire without apportioning blame.

That's right! In wanting to use one of their three opposition days per year (Labour get seventeen) to debate the precise position they have held since November last year, they demonstrated how successfully they'd crystal-balled exactly what Labour's own position would be by March 2024, for no reason other than causing trouble for Labour and being sleekit, disruptive, principle-free political game players!

Not sure how they didn't forsee how Hoyle would decide to hand their opposition day to Labour, and then subsequently, after reverse-ferreting & admitting he had made a massive mistake, promise them a Section 24 emergency debate on the issue - and then renege on that promise!
Sturgeon has questions to answer, surely!

Xipe Totec

It's the SNP.

No-one cares.

Well, precisely. No-one cares, so the conventions and protocols Parliament is supposed to be run by can be ignored, and instead used to save Starmer's gutless, genocide-supporting arse by wiping it on them. So fück the SNP - and fück every last one of the people who put them there.

Just as well Starmer doesn't need a single Scottish vote to win an election, isn't it?

multitool

Well, precisely. No-one cares, so the conventions and protocols Parliament is supposed to be run by can be ignored, and instead used to save Starmer's gutless, genocide-supporting arse by wiping it on them. So fück the SNP - and fück every last one of the people who put them there.

Genocide supporting? Starmer's amendment was calling for immediate ceasefire, and he had talked about intolerable loss of Palestinian life?

Which bit of that is genocide supporting?

Just as well Starmer doesn't need a single Scottish vote to win an election, isn't it?

You are nearly there...

Xipe Totec

Genocide supporting? Starmer's amendment was calling for immediate ceasefire, and he had talked about intolerable loss of Palestinian life?

Which bit of that is genocide supporting?

You are nearly there...

Starmer's amendment, if you'd paid attention, was a 'humanitarian' ceasefire contingent on Israel no longer considering Hamas to be a threat; so therefore not a ceasefire at all, just the same carte blanche to keep on bombing, slaughtering and maiming that Starmer has supported since October 7th.

Not the immediate & unconditional ceasfire the SNP - and a lot of Labour MPs - wanted.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Starmer fan?
Only in so much as I want a Labour government, and Starmer is the sole option.

Just to be clear, did the same reasoning apply when Jezza was at the helm, sole optioning it?

I mean, were you stiffening the sinews of Corbyn sceptics with rousing rhetoric about him being our last best hope to stem the Tory catastrophe?

The 'grown-up' option, even?

If Starmer blows the election and loses the leadership will we finally learn what you really think of him?

Last edited:

multitool

Just to be clear, did the same reasoning apply when Jezza was at the helm, sole optioning it?

I mean, were you stiffening the sinews of Corbyn sceptics with rousing rhetoric about him being our last best hope to stem the Tory catastrophe?

The 'grown-up' option, even?

If Starmer blows the election and loses the leadership will we finally learn what you really think of him?

Starmer is immeasurably better than Corbyn. I still voted Labour in 2019, despite realising it was futile because I couldn't bring myself not, and I live in a swing constituency with slim margins.

It remains to be seen how Starmer will govern. Would it ve OK with you if I withhold judgement until then? (I know that doesn't help in anyway with your desire for a gotcha)

Top Bottom