Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like the Golden Syrup ones. It does turn a quite healthy breakfast into a sugar fest, I agree. I couldn't eat 3 sachets, that's loads of food in one go.

It is nuts that 10 donuts cost less than 4 apples. You can get 10 Goodfellas pizzas for a tenner at Iceland atm. Some junk food is ridiculously cheap. Not sure what the answer is.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 121

I like the Golden Syrup ones. It does turn a quite healthy breakfast into a sugar fest, I agree. I couldn't eat 3 sachets, that's loads of food in one go.

It is nuts that 10 donuts cost less than 4 apples. You can get 10 Goodfellas pizzas for a tenner at Iceland atm. Some junk food is ridiculously cheap. Not sure what the answer is.

It's a deep-rooted problem which has many branches from working parents doing 60+ hour staggered shifts to other people simple not being able to cook.

There are many ways to tackle the cheap unhealthy food problem at different levels of involvement such as raising the taxes on them so that you could subsidise the healthier ones. The issue is that politically it's like a radioactive potato... No one wants any of it and the likes GBnews/DM will use it as evidence of deep state involvement and nanny state. Others will claim it will add £4bn a week to their weekly food shop. People ultimately want their unhealthy food choices whether for convenience sake or necessity and so it is...

Last edited by a moderator:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I see they've wheeled out Liz "4%" Kendall to front Labour's latest policy initiative - a crackdown on young people.

Absolute parcel of ghouls.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Another great candidate for a band name.

Made me think of Ghost!

Looks like this:

th (37).jpeg

Sounds like this:

th (38).jpeg

Which is no bad thing.

The musicians are the Nameless Ghouls too, so we're near as damnit to perfection here.

Others will claim it will add £4bn a week to their weekly food shop. People ultimately want their unhealthy food choices whether for convenience sake or necessity and so it is...
I'm not one of those people who think you can't eat healthily on the cheap, because you can, but it does take time and effort. I also think that when you're skint junk food is one of the few treats you can afford, though you pay the price long term. There's so much to our obesity problem, so many aspects of why we eat like we do, that banning BOGOF's isn't going to touch it.

D

Deleted member 121

I can't find the source to read the rest of the interview. I wonder if anybody knows the magazine this took place in?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I can't find the source to read the rest of the interview. I wonder if anybody knows the magazine this took place in?

Try contacting the Women for Wes group, they'd know.

I'm thinking of posting a sarcastic reply but I'm not sure I have the time and energy to deal with overly earnest Ice-T fans.

D

Deleted member 121

Try contacting the Women for Wes group, they'd know.

I'm thinking of posting a sarcastic reply but I'm not sure I have the time and energy to deal with overly earnest Ice-T fans.

I'm sure there's some humdingers in there. Doubt I'll bother contacting them just thought I'd chance it that you might know.

Top Bottom