Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Please tell me Women for Wes is a parody account.

I don't know why you'd think that. It's an 'unaffiliated members-led initiative of women committed to fostering political dialogue consistent with the moderate values of Wes Streeting MP', which all seems very sensible to me. They're a bit upset with Ice and wondering what Starmer might have to say which I think is reasonable.

View: https://twitter.com/Women4Wes/status/1765500777563410884?t=0uWihDdE9CnNwlsZ-bNmTg&s=19

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'd genuinely love to see a battle between Ice-T and Starmer. It'd be like Eminem's first effort in 8 Mile.

Imagine if Starmer found out about his metal band, Body Count?

This bollocks always makes me laugh though. People are perfectly happy to have saccharine pop tunes which are all about shagging on the radio, but once less mainstream artists get highlighted they become all agitated.

Reactions: C R
D

Deleted member 121

I'd genuinely love to see a battle between Ice-T and Starmer. It'd be like Eminem's first effort in 8 Mile.

Imagine if Starmer found out about his metal band, Body Count?

This bollocks always makes me laugh though. People are perfectly happy to have saccharine pop tunes which are all about shagging on the radio, but once less mainstream artists get highlighted they become all agitated.

He's a classical music type. He plays instruments apparently, flute, recorder etc... Here he is playing a very real looking recorder very correctly...

format=webp&signature=aIqDxDfYW4aGTjHNGruQ63GG3cg=.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
She was central to the issue.

Bit of an understatement TBH. There is no excuse. Has Starmer been leaning on Hoyle again, or is it more a case of the Speaker having become such a craven Starmer puppet that leaning is no longer even necessary?

This thread is very quiet. Have we reached the limit of what Multers is prepared to defend for the sake of a Starmer win?

multitool

Bit of an understatement TBH. There is no excuse. Has Starmer been leaning on Hoyle again, or is it more a case of the Speaker having become such a craven Starmer puppet that leaning is no longer even necessary?

This thread is very quiet. Have we reached the limit of what Multers is prepared to defend for the sake of a Starmer win?

I wondered how far I'd get in your post before you tried to bait me.

I had expected something a little less blunt, a but more sophisticated. Perhaps the erudition was a mere façade...

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I wondered how far I'd get in your post before you tried to bait me.

Just as well you'd never indulge in anything so tawdry. :whistle:

My forum enjoyment aside, it's a real question. Are there any red lines? Is there a final straw? Does some fresh vision of hell from the Reeves-McFadden-Akehurst-Mandelson-McSweeney playbook ever pop up on your timeline and make you curse the hours you've wasted hectoring unrepentant Corbynites and assuaging the mounting misgivings of assorted soft-leftists, democrats and progressives? Just wonderin', like...

multitool

My forum enjoyment aside, it's a real question. Are there any red lines? Is there a final straw? Does some fresh vision of hell from the Reeves-McFadden-Akehurst-Mandelson-McSweeney playbook ever pop up on your timeline and make you curse the hours you've wasted hectoring unrepentant Corbynites and assuaging the mounting misgivings of assorted soft-leftists, democrats and progressives? Just wonderin', like...

I just don't know why you are expecting something that isn't centrist, cautious, and the product of compromises made between different factions, some of whom are utterly repugnant. It is the only way Labour have ever won. Not only that, but they have, in the grand scheme of things barely ever won.

The Corbynites need to shut up and fûck off.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

As one soft-leftist democrat who has long given up the rather cruel, pointless, though occasionally enjoyable, game of hectoring Corbynites, I am having increasing misgivings about a possible Labour government under Starmer's leadership.

My only, rather depressing, hope is that he is so focussed on gaining power that he has become a good, cynical liar and populist, because that is what clearly sells in politics and what the country obviously needs, and his current stance is just a pretence which, on gaining power, he will cast aside and show that he is a true, although not too far, lefty after all and not just a Tory-lite.

At this stage it's either him or another Tory, backed up by assorted nut-jobs like Reform, government.

• Sad

C R

Über Member
Keir Starmer approached Diane Abbott, conversation overhead went like this:

“Let me know if there’s anything I can do”
“You could restore the whip”
“I understand just let me know if there’s anything..”
“Restore the whip”
“I understand”

https://x.com/OwenJones84/status/1767907717262320100?s=20

Yvette Cooper was the same when she was asked the question in PM this afternoon, and equivocating about the thought crime policy Gove announced this morning. The labour front bench is full of wet flannels.

Top Bottom