Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wouldn't wish that hellscape on anyone. Although I do like the random stuff they stock sometimes - I've got a Wu Tang basketball top, Frida Kahlo t-shirt and a Basquiat hoody from there. If their NBA range wasn't just for the Bulls and the Lakers (ETA it seems that it is, but I'm not seeing it online) I'd probably get involved with that too.

They certainly have keen prices though I think it just encourages people to buy more stuff. They do have cool t shirts sometimes and I can see why families shop there.

I saw that list and couldn't believe porridge oats were on it. It's a great cheap breakfast either hot or as overnight oats.

D

Deleted member 121

I think its the vague description of what is on the list which they probably mean sweetened oats such as Muesli with added sugar and the ones which are pre-flavoured.

As someone who has lost a load of weight and is 6ft3, i've come to rely heavily on porridge as a staple in my diet. It's truly a "wonder" food if you can describe anything as such.

A couple of further oversights is maybe frozen yogurt and water ices which if made with fat free yoghurt and natural fruit juices in reasonable dilution are generally a far more reasonable alternative to most snacks. Then rice cakes and corn puffs which if baked are generally very low in calories.

There are some reasonable mentions on the list for unhealthy options but some just seem very vague and open to misinterpretation and criticism. They should go back to the drawing board...

theclaud

Reading around the chip
20240302_214940.jpg

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

multitool

It's such an odd choice of photoshoot.

Like a first-person view from the gurney in a torture dungeon with Rachel trying to decide where to make the first incision.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Last edited:

albion

Guru
I saw that list and couldn't believe porridge oats were on it. It's a great cheap breakfast either hot or as overnight oats.

It's the Sun. Why even bother reading it? Yes. The Ready Break type variation is junk food, even mire so now than of old.
Not forgetting you need 3 sachets just to get a decent size serving.

D

Deleted member 121

It's the Sun. Why even bother reading it? Yes. The Ready Break type variation is junk food, even mire so now than of old.
Not forgetting you need 3 sachets just to get a decent size serving.

It's reported in many sources.

As i said further up, i think the list needs clarification. Lumbering processed sweetened oats with normal basic rolled oats which the list does is a bit lazy in my view and has been trashed by every news outlet who have had their hands on it. It's free ammunition. It's a shame because in principle, it's not a bad idea...

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom