Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Of course the new set of pledges are obviously bullshit and not even worth putting the time in to read, but I'm hoping for some good piss takes.

View: https://twitter.com/DanHowdle/status/1791040771388231927?t=CnMooMylHen38SJYUXI_Sw&s=19

All pre-election pledges are bullshit until the opportunity comes to put them into practice.

This applies to all political parties.

multitool

I don't recall Starmer yet having that opportunity.

The hard left are hoping that he won't.

It's always been the same story. The truth is the hard left don't really want to be in power because the hard left are all about purity, taking the easy moral highground, and grandstanding. See Corbyn and his "how virtuous am I" routine.

He didn't want to be in power. He wanted to be in opposition where he could say what he wanted and would never be held to account, never have to deliver and never have the stress of firefighting truly shît situations.

Contrast this with the Tories whose sole purpose is to be in power, are absolutely ruthless at gaining it, and astonishingly succesful at doing so.

The conversation here mirrors this. All we here is "waaaah waaaah moral purity" and complaints that the Labour party that is likely to win is not the Labour party they want. But the Labour party they want is not the one the electorate are willing to vote for.

Last edited:

bobzmyunkle

It's always been the same story. The truth is the hard kept don't really want to be in power because the hard left are all about purity, taking the easy moral highground, and grandstanding.
Who are these people Toolzie?
I know you're a bit obsessed with Corbyn, but you can't seriously be referring to him as hard left can you?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I don't always agree with the way you say things but this is one point I fully agree with.

I'm part of the electorate and I'm not willing to vote for this Labour party.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'd never have guessed from your comments.

Starmer will be hoping there are others to make up for your lost vote.

Well, swap 'MP' for 'vote' as Labour are predicted to lose their seat in my constituency but we all know he's a shoo-in, which is part of the reason I feel free to be as critical as I am and to urge people to vote with their conscience rather than for a least worst option against the current administration.

Top Bottom