Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Hence the attacks? Did you see how Stephen Flynn was treated in QT last week? He was unable to speak for more than 30 secs before being interrupted and shut down, mainly by Anas Sarwar.

That’s the actions of a worried party otherwise, like Alex Salmond, they would listen to his points.

Sometimes I think some of you create your own reality.

Screenshot_20240519_112453_Samsung Internet.jpg

What does this graph tell you? Look at the trajectories of SNP vs Labour.

multitool

I know you didn't.

Where's that Crayola graph from?

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/polls_scot.html

And here's another one for Scottish Parliament voting intention

Screenshot_20240519_112926_Samsung Internet.jpg

https://ballotbox.scot/scottish-parliament/polling-scottish-parliament/

Feel free to explain how a 20 point loss (with 18 of those going to Labour) is indicative of what you say is happening.

Last edited:

multitool

There is only one poll which matters, and, it hasn't happened yet. ;)

I think these opinion polls tell you something interesting about dwindling support for SNP and Labour gains in Scotland regardless.

Of course, come the election the result won't look like this. But it won't look like the 2019 & 2021 elections either.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/polls_scot.html

And here's another one for Scottish Parliament voting intention

View attachment 5928

https://ballotbox.scot/scottish-parliament/polling-scottish-parliament/

Feel free to explain how a 20 point loss (with 18 of those going to Labour) is indicative of what you say is happening.

It's not what I say is happening, because that's an irrelevance.

Labour literally told people to vote Conservative.

The party has taken Scotland for granted for as long as I can remember.

And thought that Jim Murphy would be a good shout as leader.

And apparently Anas Sarwar, who's a perennial loser.

multitool

It's not what I say is happening, because that's an irrelevance.

Labour literally told people to vote Conservative.

The party has taken Scotland for granted for as long as I can remember.

And thought that Jim Murphy would be a good shout as leader.

And apparently Anas Sarwar, who's a perennial loser.

You've said Labour in Scotland "are a joke."

That is your opinion, and it isn't shared by a third of Scottish voters...almost the same % of voters who think SNP are worth voting for.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You've said Labour in Scotland "are a joke."

That is your opinion, and it isn't shared by a third of Scottish voters...almost the same % of voters who think SNP are worth voting for.

I'm aware of what my opinion is.

It's informed by what Labour have done in Scotland. Which isn't much.

multitool

Yeah...err...they haven't been in power since 2007, so it's hardly surprising that they haven't done much.

Weird that a third of the Scottish electorate disagree with you, and that the projected seat share at next election will leave them a mere 6 seats behind the SNP.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yeah...err...they haven't been in power since 2007, so it's hardly surprising that they haven't done much.

Weird that a third of the Scottish electorate disagree with you, and that the projected seat share at next election will leave them a mere 6 seats behind the SNP.

It's not really weird, they're totally entitled to disagree with me.

Mr Celine

They hardly did much before that.
Off the top of my head:

Handing back money to Westminster that they couldn't spend;

Building an urban motorway from the east of Glasgow to the centre (M74), duplicating the existing M8, despite the reporter finding against it;

Giving us the legal right to roam which we had always had;

A law banning hunting so full of holes that no successful prosecutions have resulted;

Introducing the 'curriculum for excellence'.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
They hardly did much before that.
Off the top of my head:

Handing back money to Westminster that they couldn't spend;

Building an urban motorway from the east of Glasgow to the centre (M74), duplicating the existing M8, despite the reporter finding against it;

Giving us the legal right to roam which we had always had;

A law banning hunting so full of holes that no successful prosecutions have resulted;

Introducing the 'curriculum for excellence'.

But don't you see?

Labour are wonderful!

It's all just politics.

Opinions are invalid.

multitool

You can have whatever opinion you like, but what you can't do is try and argue that Labour haven't made huge gains in Scotland to the point that they are almost level with the SNP.

My opinion is that the SNP are fully aware, very shaken by this, which us why there is a fight on.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually that interested in Scotland beyond the electoral impact they have on Westminster. Given that I would like to see the Tories gone, and that the only realistic alternative is Labour, Im going to cheer Labour on in Scotland.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You can have whatever opinion you like, but what you can't do is try and argue that Labour haven't made huge gains in Scotland to the point that they are almost level with the SNP.

My opinion is that the SNP are fully aware, very shaken by this, which us why there is a fight on.

Disclaimer: I'm not actually that interested in Scotland beyond the electoral impact they have on Westminster. Given that I would like to see the Tories gone, and that the only realistic alternative is Labour, Im going to cheer Labour on in Scotland.

I haven't argued that.

Labour have made gains, there's no disputing that.

What Labour have also done in Scotland is tell people to vote Conservative, and have Anas Sarwar as leader. You don't address this which is kind of weird.

I'll continue to cheer on the SNP.

Top Bottom