Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I feel like we've pretty much just said the same/similar things but using slightly different words.

What the Tories should do is one of those hologram things like they used for 2Pac and Prince to bring Maggie back from the dead. That'd be quite something.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

multitool

Pharaoh
What the Tories should do is one of those hologram things like they used for 2Pac and Prince to bring Maggie back from the dead. That'd be quite something.

It's going to be a weird one, because even though nobody is mentioning it this election is all about Brexit. The 5 Prime Ministers are because of Brexit. The stability offered by Labour is a coded message about Brexit. The voice of big business saying they view Labour as the natural party of business is a comment on Brexit.

Tory silence on Brexit is a tacit admission of failure.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
1717158629938.jpeg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Any thoughts on the people on the selection panel who are blocking candidates then handing the ultra-safe seats to, er, themselves?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Backtracking is one way that it will all be forgotten by Saturday, I suppose.

He was clever/shifty (delete as preferred) enough to leave wriggle room.

multitool

Pharaoh
Blair devolved power

He was very good at being the conscience of the party in my opinion. Even if you don't agree with everything he says or believe he would have made a good prime minister, every party needs the equivalent of a Corbyn. They remind the party of roughly what the direction of travel should be, even if you don't want him to be the one taking you there.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He was very good at being the conscience of the party in my opinion. Even if you don't agree with everything he says or believe he would have made a good prime minister, every party needs the equivalent of a Corbyn. They remind the party of roughly what the direction of travel should be, even if you don't want him to be the one taking you there.

Agreed, but it is much easier being the conscience of the party when you are not in a position of responsibility.

Top Bottom