Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Screenshot_20240530-190515-743.png

He had a tiny majority so knew he wasn't likely to be re elected as a Tory. Wonder whether he prefers urban living or the seaside.

Actually, just looked up his career path and he was never a career politican so might just be looking to exit politics altogether rather than parachute into somewhere.

Last edited:

multitool

Either way, he's made a decision that alienates him from his own party, and doesn't confer any advantage to him that I can discern

multitool

One more day to enjoy mentions of Abbott before it disappears into the mist.

Labour are not responding which means they've worked out that, despite the best efforts of the media, the story isn't cutting through.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Pretty bold to say that there won't be a "double furore", considering there wasn't much of one in the first place. Unless you mean quite a big current affairs story being reported on, which is hardly unusual.

To be honest it's only on here that there seems to be anything vaguely heated, and even then it's a bit of a glum shrug in slight favour of Starmer or Corbyn being brought up again.

It's kind of we won/you lost/get over it territory really.

Reactions: C R

multitool

That isn't what I'm saying at all. I'm saying that I suspect the majority of people aren't that interested in the fight between the rump of Corbyn's left and the Starmer controlled centrists. The media are because they rely on creating drama in the absence of actual drama.

The left did lose, but they lost nearly 5 years ago. In a similar way we will see a mirror-image fight for the soul of the Tory party when they lose in July. The problem for them is that there is no heir-apparent.

Top Bottom