Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

Is this from personal experience?

Since I have not encountered a shop worker / bar worker, who actually does mental arithmetic, for as long as I can remember, it is fair to assume that "the machine" will be programmed to display/say yes/no on input of the DoB.

A pub local to me used to have the rolling date on a wipe clean card behind the bar, something along the lines of “today’s challenge date is xx-xx-xxxx” it was updated every day by a member of staff.

Not been in there in ages so don’t know if it’s still a thing.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
A pub local to me used to have the rolling date on a wipe clean card behind the bar, something along the lines of “today’s challenge date is xx-xx-xxxx” it was updated every day by a member of staff.

Nowhere I worked ever had the foresight to do something as sensible as that.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

A good “low tech” method. A good example of KISS perhaps!

multitool

Here you go, Claudine

Proof (if you needed it) that Starmer is a fascist.

Screenshot_20240718_182827_Samsung Internet.jpg

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Shame Tool's no longer here to explain the up side of this

BBC News - Labour suspends seven rebel MPs over two-child benefit cap
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c978m6z3egno

"Emma Lewell-Buck, Labour MP for South Shields, who put her name to a rebel amendment said she did not vote against the government because "none of the votes taking place tonight would have resulted in scrapping the cap.""

Just as those seven MPs were making a token gesture that was never going to make any difference so Starmer has made a token gesture that really makes no difference given Labour's huge majority other than it is a warning gesture he can make from a position of strength at an early stage in his government.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Shame Tool's no longer here to explain the up side of this

BBC News - Labour suspends seven rebel MPs over two-child benefit cap
https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c978m6z3egno

It's entirely possible to explain an upside (using Starmerite logic), but unfortunately it involves either emptying your brain (see above) or flogging the vestiges of your soul. My (admittedly generous) interpretation is that Multz got out before the cognitive dissonance became unbearable. Admittedly, he has an unusually high threshold...

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
Saw this in the Graun pre-election. And did wonder.

Andy Beckett seems to think Jeremy Corbyn standing as an independent will be an embarrassment to Keir Starmer. Quite the opposite, I suggest. Starmer will be delighted that Magic Grandpa has put his own interests above those of the Labour party, not for the first time, proving that the decision to eject him was always right. Corbyn is back in his happy place, protesting without responsibility. Starmer and Britain are better off without him.
Gxxxxx Xxxxx
Maidenhead, Berkshire

albion

Guru
Puzzling he did not allow a free vote, after first surveying his support for a no vote.

He is right that cost is prohibitive.

Top Bottom