Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well X is awash with sausage/hostage jokes tonight. I can't help feeling Keir might be glad of the distraction from the wardrobe funding fiasco.

GYQQturWMAAt10N.jpeg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
20240925_083145.jpg

(CWS, obvs)

Looks like Lord Ali gave Starmer £20k worth of free accommodation (or money to pay for it) so his son could study for GCSE's without being bothered by reporters outside the house.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Looks like Lord Ali gave Starmer £20k worth of free accommodation (or money to pay for it) so his son could study for GCSE's without being bothered by reporters outside the house.

That’s the excuse Starmer gave for taking it.

Why did Alli give it? What does he expect in return?

icowden

Legendary Member
That’s the excuse Starmer gave for taking it.
Why did Alli give it? What does he expect in return?
It would appear, nothing. He became independently wealthy off his own back. He's been a labour party supporter since around 1995 and was made a life peer in 1998. He isn't involved in anything dodgy at all as far as I can see. He uses his wealth to focus on gay rights, youth and education and to support the Labour Party. He appears to have no vested interests at all. It would probably make a Tory MPs head explode.

Beebo

Veteran

The election and 6 week run up was right in the middle of his GCSE exams.
It’s hardly fair to jeopardise his exam performance.
PMs have access to No 10, Chequers and their private home, no one would moan if Sunak packed his daughters off to Chequers for undisturbed exam revision.

You could say that of many who give large sums to a political party. I don't think anyone has suggested Ali has a particular list of requests. If these donors (not just Ali) don't have a political vision they want to enact, why not put their money into a foundation that funds and supports their interests? Many other wealthy people do.

Top Bottom