Strike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

So what are my opinions ? Do tell..

Yawn.

I think you'll find he's been a irrelevance full stop....but if you know different please share it ?

How long until he manages to blame Corbyn for the strikes ?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
New lol. I've been a member of a Union since I was 15.Two at the moment as I'm working for Royal Mail for a while.See how long the love in lasts when it results in a delay on someone's holidays.
Bromance 🙄
This is exactly what I was saying on the P&O thread, and you all had a right go at me about it.

The general public are all for supporting workers, right up until it actually impacts them, then the support stops and the anger begins. I see the P&O dispute has, as I prophesied, now disappeared into the past and people are enjoying cheap ferries to France. No one seems to give a shoot about the 800 or so people who lost their jobs anymore.

Soon the RMT will agree a lower pay deal, the flip will be they have to agree to job losses, and no-one will give the slightest shoot about the people who lose their jobs.

Unions are a waste of time, a weird throwback to the past when dinosaurs walked the earth. I am extremely proud to say I have never been in a union at any time in my life.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Then you’re a weird freeloader. I hope you have also refused every improvement in pay or conditions that you haven’t personally negotiated.

Does that apply only to Union Membership, or, is it applicable to any area where person takes the benefit (in whatever form) without contributing?

D

Deleted member 49

Unions are a waste of time, a weird throwback to the past when dinosaurs walked the earth. I am extremely proud to say I have never been in a union at any time in my life.
I never thought anything else....I bet you feck off home early when it's your round aswell ?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Unions are a waste of time, …

At the risk of going a bit Monty Python…

What have the unions ever done for us?

Weekends off
Equal pay
Safer working conditions
Holiday entitlement
Holiday pay
Maternity pay
Paternity pay
Minimum wage
Living wage
Flexible working hours
Equal opportunities
End of child labour
Shorter working hours

Would you rather not have any of those?

Do you imagine you, individually, could have secured even one of those benefits were it not for the collective bargaining power of unions that were standing up for all workers, including non-members?

[edited to insert missing quote]

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Does that apply only to Union Membership, or, is it applicable to any area where person takes the benefit (in whatever form) without contributing?

Generally yes, if a person could have contributed but deliberately chooses to opt out of contributing and the benefit has been gained through the endeavours of an organisation which their peers have funded for that purpose.

Top Bottom