The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Back on topic. Specs for deaf folk that immediately flash up what someone is saying to you. Genius (if they work properly).

View: https://twitter.com/igorsushko/status/1684645290132000768

Undoubtedly, very clever, but, isn't this a solution looking for a problem, doesn't the "old fashioned" hearing aid solve the problem, without going through the intermediate step of transcribing speech, and it also delivers other sounds eg music, etc

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Undoubtedly, very clever, but, isn't this a solution looking for a problem, doesn't the "old fashioned" hearing aid solve the problem, without going through the intermediate step of transcribing speech, and it also delivers other sounds eg music, etc
Hearing aids aren't massively helpful if you are proudly deaf are they?

I can see your point BL but lots of people can't cope with hearing aids. They amplify everything, which can be tiring and overwhelming, whereas with normal hearing you automatically 'tune in' just to speech. I could see the specs being used in conjunction with hearing aids though.

BoldonLad

I can see your point BL but lots of people can't cope with hearing aids. They amplify everything, which can be tiring and overwhelming, whereas with normal hearing you automatically 'tune in' just to speech. I could see the specs being used in conjunction with hearing aids though.

Fortunately, despite my age, the hearing hasn't failed yet ;), but, Mrs @BoldonLad has had to resort to hearing aid. From her comments, I get your point, perhaps, as you say, a combination of these specs and a hearing aid would be good, particularly if there was a mechanism for the user to "tune out" the back ground.

One of my drinking pals has also had to succumb to hearing aids, he does often complain that while he cannot hear our conversation, he can hear the conversation two tables away quite clearly, we tell him to go and sit two tables away ;)

BoldonLad

Yes I did thanks👍🏼

That's exactly what these spectacles do..

Dont tell me you didn't watch the clip, whatever next..?!?!?

Having an opinion without finding out what we're talking about 🙄

guilty as charged ;)

my only feeble excuse is that I do not usually follow twitter links (or DM links) ;)

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member

No. They don’t work for everyone.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
guilty as charged ;)

my only feeble excuse is that I do not usually follow twitter links (or DM links) ;)

Ok. I did know that, thank you. I just don’t like twitter or X as I think it is called now, particularly not since Musk took over.
It is - as you've self diagnosed - pretty feeble.

Anywhere else on t'internet you'd have received a resounding.

"Tell us you've not watched the clip, without telling us you've not watched the clip"

For your desultory efforts.

Still, commenting on the topic to hand, despite having an abject lack of knowledge on the topic to hand, seems to have a long and inglorious history, in some circles..

So why stop now ,eh?? 🙄

BoldonLad

It is - as you've self diagnosed - pretty feeble.

Anywhere else on t'internet you'd have received a resounding.

"Tell us you've not watched the clip, without telling us you've not watched the clip"

For your desultory efforts.

Still, commenting on the topic to hand, despite having an abject lack of knowledge on the topic to hand, seems to have a long and inglorious history, in some circles..

So why stop now ,eh?? 🙄

Thank you for your input Head Prefect/Moderator ;)

Top Bottom