The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I thought 'Any Questions' from sleepy Tory Teignmouth was a beacon of hope this week. Tory policy across the board took a pasting. When the Honorouble member for N. Devon - Selaine Saxby tried to claim that the beaches had never been cleaner there were howls of laughter and derision. On environmental and immigration policy the current Tory position was rightfully hammered.
There's hope, even in sleepy Devon....

Why is it that staunch lefties want to live in areas surrounded by the very sort of people they despise?

Why not live amongst 'their own' sso to speak?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The England Ladies did it, World Cup Final beckons, well done! ;)

Why is it that staunch lefties want to live in areas surrounded by the very sort of people they despise?

Why not live amongst 'their own' sso to speak?

Did you listen to the programme, Shep? If you had you'd not have heard much support for the Tory apologists from the local audience, nor anyone being despised other than those politicians turning our country into a literal and figurative cesspit.

D

Deleted member 28

Did you listen to the programme, Shep? If you had you'd not have heard much support for the Tory apologists from the local audience, nor anyone being despised other than those politicians turning our country into a literal and figurative cesspit.

I didn't, my point still stands though.

People with strong left wing views move to stonewall Tory areas and surround themselves by people who would clearly have opposite views in general to them, why is that?

I can only guess they like the nicer, wealthier places that often come hand in hand with the more right leaning voter.

It's the same old story, "but not in my back yard".

D

Deleted member 28

Welcome to Shepworld!

And you are.

Shepworld, where people with particular political views, thoughts on how the country should be run and a distinct dislike for types with opposite opinions move into areas full of those very sorts.

I don't think so do you.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Is it?

Wolverhampton for example is a bit of a shithole except for one tiny corner, you guessed it the Tory voting 'West '.

Well, yeah, I think it is. I don't understand how you're thinking Labour supporters living in Conservative areas is some kind of lefty invasion.

D

Deleted member 28

Well, yeah, I think it is. I don't understand how you're thinking Labour supporters living in Conservative areas is some kind of lefty invasion.

You've missed my point, the lefties going out of their way to live amongst the enemy doesn't make sense to me?

Benefitting from the more affluent surroundings yet slating the very people who help provide those standards.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You've missed my point, the lefties going out of their way to live amongst the enemy doesn't make sense to me?

Benefitting from the more affluent surroundings yet slating the very people who help provide those standards.

I must have, apologies.

I suppose mine is I don't see that lefties are going out of their way to live amongst the enemy? Our resident conspiracy theorist would be proud of that one!

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Does it make more sense that people actually think of the political affiliations of the neighbourhoods they want to live in?

I live in a quite 'nice' part of Cardiff..bigger gardens, plenty of trees, but I am not really sure how this quite old part of the city, which votes Labour, has been provided by the Tories or the Monarchy, who I have been known to slate. Strangely enough both the poorer and the wealthier areas were built either by people who wanted to make money or by local authorities who still believed in affordable social housing.

D

Deleted member 28

I must have, apologies.

I suppose mine is I don't see that lefties are going out of their way to live amongst the enemy? Our resident conspiracy theorist would be proud of that one!

I think the point I'm making is you have the likes of fatfoodie going on about how detestable the Tories are and how there's 'still hope ' (whatever that means) yet he chooses to live in a Tory prominent area, we all know why.

How do people bear living amongst such filth?

Oh, I know because it's far nicer than some run down, shithole area full of unemployed scroungers that blame everybody except themselves for their downfall.

I think the point I'm making is you have the likes of fatfoodie going on about how detestable the Tories are and how there's 'still hope ' (whatever that means) yet he chooses to live in a Tory prominent area, we all know why.

How do people bear living amongst such filth?

Oh, I know because it's far nicer than some run down, shithole area full of unemployed scroungers that blame everybody except themselves for their downfall.

I’d like everyone to be able to live in an area that hasn’t been run down, left behind, or forgotten. I can’t see how that is incompatible with living in a nice place myself.

Top Bottom