The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
It's planning to spend five years distributing its assets where they will be more useful.
Yes, I saw that. But in the long term, presumably it will do less good - or is it expecting the charities receiving the assets to invest them in the stock market?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Yes, I saw that. But in the long term, presumably it will do less good - or is it expecting the charities receiving the assets to invest them in the stock market?

I don't see what I can add that isn't explained in the article, TBH - it has concluded that not everything it does is 'good' and that in some ways it perpetuates things that are 'bad', so it's going to stop doing the latter. I don't think that prohibits recipients investing, but it might mean that they don't invest in extractive industries or rent-seeking activities.

Ian H

Legendary Member
Charities and suchlike can become diverted from their original aims and instead be focussed mainly on self-perpetuation. On the face of it, it's good that the board of this one have decided that there are better ways to progress their ideals than continuing with the status quo.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Charities and suchlike can become diverted from their original aims and instead be focussed mainly on self-perpetuation. On the face of it, it's good that the board of this one have decided that there are better ways to progress their ideals than continuing with the status quo.

The RSPCA is a very good example of this.

Ian H

Legendary Member
You want garlic? We have GIANT garlic!
IMG-20230716-WA0000.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
You want garlic? We have GIANT garlic!
View attachment 4246

That looks fabulous.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Your first post on this thread was political, so this is good news for all those concerned with being burdened with illegal immigrants.

It's not the politics I object to .

It's positing this piece of news as supposedly 'good'

Tell us how you're 'burdened' with 'illegal immigrants'

Or have you just been lapping up tabloid culture war bollix again.

Top Bottom