The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I'm still on holiday and I've got Oysters for lunch.

Happy hols.

For your next break, have you considered one of those 'off grid' locations?

Maybe one with no access to the internet...

icowden

Legendary Member
I kinda presumed the point of the Good News thread is mainly to gladden the heart and raise hope in these dark times, @icowden.
Well of course, but surely the base criteria is that it is actually "news"? It's a bit like the news that someone famous sent a get well soon card to Madonna, which boils down to woman sends get well soon card to friend.

I have no problem with the story of the video - it was lovely. I'm just now sure that it was really "news". Other opinions are available...

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Well of course, but surely the base criteria is that it is actually "news"? It's a bit like the news that someone famous sent a get well soon card to Madonna, which boils down to woman sends get well soon card to friend.

I have no problem with the story of the video - it was lovely. I'm just now sure that it was really "news". Other opinions are available...

You tryna mod my thread @icowden ..??

Fightin talk man .
Fightin talk 💪🏼

Ian H

Legendary Member
The things you find in local papers. But it's good news, right?
IMG_20230708_131645819_HDR.jpg

theclaud

Reading around the chip
The things you find in local papers. But it's good news, right?
View attachment 4174

I, for one, am totally reassured.

Ian H

Legendary Member
9hrs in and he's still going.
My son's running a 24hr ultra. Muggins here is supporting him. It's going to be a long night.

He didn't do quite what he wanted. Heat, and hilly, rough terrain were against him, and he got extreme cramps later on. Finished a bit early at 70 miles. Got him a final massage so he could walk again.

Ian H

Legendary Member
I've learnt something new!

Or perhaps I forgot and have re-learnt it.

Umbrellas work less well in sideways rain.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Is that good news though? It strikes me that overall it will reduce the amount of money it could have given to good causes by closing down. You need a large pot of money to make more money to give away.

It's planning to spend five years distributing its assets where they will be more useful.

Top Bottom