The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Economic migrants, the vast majority

Ah yes good old 'Schrodingers Immigrant'

Both 'Workshy benefit scrounger' and 'Coming to steal your job' at the same time -

Quite a trick huh??

Even if some people do want to work, and to set up businesses, what is your problem with that.??

Does their hard work and industry threaten your fragile ego in some way??

D

Deleted member 159

Ah yes good old 'Schrodingers Immigrant'

Both 'Workshy benefit scrounger' and 'Coming to steal your job' at the same time -

Quite a trick huh??

Even if some people do want to work, and to set up businesses, what is your problem with that.??

Does their hard work and industry threaten your fragile ego in some way??

I've no issue with legal migration, if you have the skills, education and money and sometimes age restrictions to not be a burden instantly you arrive.

If I were to move country, I would be expected to pass these basic tests, through an application procedure.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I've no issue with legal migration, if you have the skills, education and money and sometimes age restrictions to not be a burden instantly you arrive.

If I were to move country, I would be expected to pass these basic tests, through an application procedure.

And if say you were suddenly being persecuted in your own country , through no fault of your own, if there was no way you could sustain yourself or your family.??

If there was no way you could get a visa to travel to somewhere you regarded as 'safe'??

The vast majority of these people don't want to 'be a burden' - although that's a pretty reductive way of viewing other humans - their base 'utility' Is that how you view other people??

As it is the vast immigrants, and or asylum seekers want to work, and to contribute .

But our system won't let them.
The processing system is deliberately broken, so as to distract you from the terrible job 'our' government has done on so many fronts.

So they can point at them and go "See those desperate people in small rubber dinghies are the problem, they're the ones 'destroying' the social fabric, not us"

D

Deleted member 159

And if say you were suddenly being persecuted in your own country , through no fault of your own, if there was no way you could sustain yourself or your family.??

If there was no way you could get a visa to travel to somewhere you regarded as 'safe'??

The vast majority of these people don't want to 'be a burden' - although that's a pretty reductive way of viewing other humans - their base 'utility' Is that how you view other people??

As it is the vast immigrants, and or asylum seekers want to work, and to contribute .

But our system won't let them.
The processing system is deliberately broken, so as to distract you from the terrible job 'our' government has done on so many fronts.

So they can point at them and go "See those desperate people in small rubber dinghies are the problem, they're the ones 'destroying' the social fabric, not us"
Give over most are young men

Alot at the moment are Albanians mostly men. Albania is a safe country. They pass through many safe countries of Europe. The reason they don't stay there is because they don't get the free housing, benefits, medical care which UK has. That's why tougher stance had to be made

D

Deleted member 28

Alot at the moment are Albanians mostly men. Albania is a safe country. They pass through many safe countries of Europe. The reason they don't stay there is because they don't get the free housing, benefits, medical care which UK has. That's why tougher stance had to be made

Give up mate we've heard the same old shoot many times, they come here because they have family here or it's an English speaking country blah, blah, blah.

Labour will probably be in soon so let's just see how many 'safe routes ' are opened up then shall we.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

And before there werent any Albanians 'in the. mix' you were totally supportive of a properly run asylum system.?

If the whole thing was run properly, then there wouldn't be any need for this supposedly 'tough' - for which read costly, inhumane and unworkable - stance.

In a functional system, anyone found not to have a case could be removed.
Except of course that in itself is harder to do now we've left the EU - foot shot there -well done brexiteers.!! ..

Has is ever occurred to you that perpetuating this 'free everything' for asylum seekers myth that so many rwnjs keep trotting out isn't helping to dissuade anyone from coming here.

The truth is there are not massive land of milk and honey handouts to be had here.

But if you believe the tabloid press you'd think it would be worth becoming an asylum seeker in this country, even if you already had residency.

Recent reports suggest that the Albanian problem is sorted. They were always going to be an easy decision from an Asylum POV. With the possible exception of religious/ethnic minorities in some parts it's a safe country. Asylum rejected, no factors for an appeal with a chance of success and you're back in Tirana within a few weeks.

Passing through other safe countries is a red herring.

What do you think they get here as housing or money as Asylum Seekers that they don't get elsewhere eg France or Germany.

D

Deleted member 28

Recent reports suggest that the Albanian problem is sorted. They were always going to be an easy decision from an Asylum POV. With the possible exception of religious/ethnic minorities in some parts it's a safe country. Asylum rejected, no factors for an appeal with a chance of success and you're back in Tirana within a few weeks.

Passing through other safe countries is a red herring.

What do you think they get here as housing or money as Asylum Seekers that they don't get elsewhere eg France or Germany.

I assume you know where Albania is and the amount of 'safe ' countries these people would have travelled through (I'm guessing they didn't sail directly here) to arrive in good old Blighty, please explain why they choose here?

I assume you know where Albania is and the amount of 'safe ' countries these people would have travelled through (I'm guessing they didn't sail directly here) to arrive in good old Blighty, please explain why they choose here?

I guess they're economic migrants. Cruella and her government would like us to believe they were going to slide off into the underworld of drugs, prostitution etc. where Albanian gangs are said to hold the whip hand.

Passing through other countries is a red herring.

Mr Celine

Why not ask them? I mean we're so overrun with Albanians there must be some living in your street, or drinking in The Swan, or using their benefits to buy a season ticket at Molyneux.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Why not ask them? I mean we're so overrun with Albanians there must be some living in your street, or drinking in The Swan, or using their benefits to buy a season ticket at Molyneux.

I am not aware of any living in my street, but, according to PE there is at least one working on Teesside, unless my memory is failing.

Top Bottom