The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru
If we're going to keep them hanging about for years in detention centres, we should teach them French. #justsaying ...

icowden

Legendary Member
There only needs to be 1 doesn't there?
"Everyone's welcome" would surely win the next election for them.
It actually would if they framed it right.

Labour are committed to relaxing the obstacles to immigration and asylum:-
  • The average European migrant arriving in the UK in 2016 will contribute £78,000 more than they take out in public services and benefits
  • The average non-European migrant will make a positive net contribution of £28,000 while living here
  • Many immigrants and asylum seekers are already trained in skills that we need. They include Nurses, Doctors, Therapists, Architects, Fruit Pickers, Labourers.
  • Rest assured that all new arrivals will be documented. We will make sure that people have National Insurance numbers and provide simple ways to ensure that people don't need to disappear to make money. Our justice system will apply to new arrivals just as it applies to existing residents.
  • We will also re-negotiate our relationship with Europe to ensure that we again have access to the Schengen Information System and Prium in real time and without restriction so that we can ensure that the UK is safe from criminals.
Yes- every migrant we accept will help fund more policing, build more hospitals and contribute to the British Economy. We need people to build a better country. We have over a million job vacancies in the UK. We will also invest in the UK using that net gain from immigration - train more Nurses, more Doctors, employ more Policemen.

Remember - the only difference between you and an asylum seeker might be the country that you live in. We need to open our borders and welcome those escaping war and persecution. Additionally we are starting a scheme to sponsor asylum seekers to ensure that they are looked after and integrated into our society.

Etc etc

D

Deleted member 28

• The average European migrant arriving in the UK in 2016 will contribute £78,000 more than they take out in public services and benefits
  • The average non-European migrant will make a positive net contribution of £28,000 while living here
  • Many immigrants and asylum seekers are already trained in skills that we need. They include Nurses, Doctors, Therapists, Architects, Fruit Pickers, Labourers.
  • Rest assured that all new arrivals will be documented. We will make sure that people have National Insurance numbers and provide simple ways to ensure that people don't need to disappear to make money. Our justice system will apply to new arrivals just as it applies to existing residents.
  • We will also re-negotiate our relationship with Europe to ensure that we again have access to the Schengen Information System and Prium in real time and without restriction so that we can ensure that the UK is safe from criminals.
Yes- every migrant we accept will help fund more policing, build more hospitals and contribute to the British Economy. We need people to build a better country. We have over a million job vacancies in the UK. We will also invest in the UK using that net gain from immigration - train more Nurses, more Doctors, employ more Policemen.

Remember - the only difference between you and an asylum seeker might be the country that you live in. We need to open our borders and welcome those escaping war and persecution. Additionally we are starting a scheme to sponsor asylum seekers to ensure that they are looked after and integrated into our society.

Etc etc

Many asylum seekers in leafy Surrey where you are?

D

Deleted member 28

A properly regulated route which does not entail those travelling being extorted, beaten, sexually abused or exploited would be nice.

Many landing in Glasgae?

I farkin doubt it, its almost as bad as Wolverhampton!

D

Deleted member 28

It's a bit like climate change really, most on here have probably got 20-30 yrs left where we're fit enough to enjoy life so it's our grandchildren that'll be dealing with our f*ck ups.

I can just imagine @icowden grandkids being the only white kid on the block!

Thank f*ck I'll be long gone.

icowden

Legendary Member
Many asylum seekers in leafy Surrey where you are?
About 6000 in Surrey as a whole. Also quite a few European immigrants, notably a lot of Polish.
I used to live opposite a council house where the family in residence had turned it into a rubbish dump. The back of the upstairs waste pipe had become disconnected from the toilet and they didn't "notice" for a week by which time urine and faeces had destroyed a lot of the downstairs.

They were evicted and a polish family moved in. Within a month they had used their friends and family links to completely redecorate the house, landscape the garden, built a small summer house and utterly transformed the place, even knowing that they didn't own it and had no option to. Absolutely lovely neighbours.

D

Deleted member 28

I admit there's nothing worse than white, English scutters but for every tale of 'they're great people' I know plenty of stories to the contrary.

As said in the past all this debating is totally pointless as who gives a t*ss what half a dozen nobody's on a nothing forum thinks.

What really matters is how to get a different government for you people and once done will they fulfill your dreams?

Not long to wait I feel.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Etc etc

Whilst I. agree with the idea of safe routes; rapid and efficient processing etc, those numbers (in bold above) are meaningless, are they per day, per month, per year, per lifetime?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Many landing in Glasgae?

I farkin doubt it, its almost as bad as Wolverhampton!

Lots of immigrants, and asylum seekers in Glasgow yes..
And generally welcomed and supported warmly.

I don't know how 'bad' Wolverhampton is, but if it's better than Glasgow, then you're pretty lucky.

Glasgow is one of my favourite* cities atm.

*I may also be suffering from familial bias.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It's a bit like climate change really, most on here have probably got 20-30 yrs left where we're fit enough to enjoy life so it's our grandchildren that'll be dealing with our f*ck ups.

I can just imagine @icowden grandkids being the only white kid on the block!

Thank f*ck I'll be long gone.

Is it just the colour you object to, or is there something intrinsically bad about those who were not born with the great gift of white skin. Is it just the black skin colour you object to, or are Europeans, Americans and Australians unwelcome?

The world is changing, migration is going to continue to grow and there is nothing that any decent, humane government can do to stop the worldwide trend.

You never know, perhaps your grandchildren might have developed and see nothing wrong with living in a multi-coloured neighbourhood.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Is it just the colour you object to, or is there something intrinsically bad about those who were not born with the great gift of white skin. Is it just the black skin colour you object to, or are Europeans, Americans and Australians unwelcome?

The world is changing, migration is going to continue to grow and there is nothing that any decent, humane government can do to stop the worldwide trend.

You never know, perhaps your grandchildren might have developed and see nothing wrong with living in a multi-coloured neighbourhood.

Hang on a min Rusty.

I think we'd have heard by now, if Shep had become a grandaddy..

What if (whisper it) those grandkiddies dont turn out whiter than white 😰 ??

Or are we assuming that Shep will have quite thoroughly passed on the xenophobic streak, to the mini Sheplets .!?.🧐

Top Bottom