The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
You can be offended all you like, it doesn't change the point.

I'm not responsible for how you feel, or anyone else, however uncomfortable the question or statement may be

You have no point.

You're just trying to exploit a woman being raped, to score one.

That doesn't fool so many on here - it just shows how low you're prepared to sink.

D

Deleted member 159

You have no point.

You're just trying to exploit a woman being raped, to score one.

That doesn't fool so many on here - it just shows how low you're prepared to sink.

:tired:

icowden

Legendary Member
I find it really sad, that what seems alot of posters on here have little affection for their near family over anyone else.
Even what looks like putting illegal immigrants on a higher status
Straight forward questions
Not really. How do we know that last month an "illegal" (not illegal - no such thing) immigrant didn't save the life of a young child. We can all play cite the extreme example. It doesn't really help matters. So yes, it's very unfortunate that someone who struggled to get to this country raped someone. the justice system will deal with them. That doesn't undo the overall benefits.

Re: Alzheimer break through:
Agreed, and, that it is generally available soon, rather than small trials.

Bit worried it might be like the Awakenings book/film. Remarkable improvement but doesn't last, which would be heart breaking. Seems almost too good to be true and would be so awful to get people's hopes up and it not last. Those Oliver Sacks books on neurological conditions are amongst the most heart rending things I've ever read.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Have you not met Pale Rider before?

No one, not even me, is suggesting drowning or shooting anyone, although this from @mudsticks is instructive:

Sadly there are people who are happy enough to see this as a solution, and are not afraid to voice as much.

It indicates people should be afraid to voice an alternative view, which, of course, makes all her 'look after and be kind to everyone' schtick looks like the bullshite it is.

As ever, the proviso 'provided I agree with and approve of you' is missing.

Sodd off.

Er single 'd' there would be nice, Bromp.

The meaning was clear enough, but I hope we are aiming for a higher denominator than that.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Re: Alzheimer break through:

Bit worried it might be like the Awakenings book/film. Remarkable improvement but doesn't last, which would be heart breaking. Seems almost too good to be true and would be so awful to get people's hopes up and it not last. Those Oliver Sacks books on neurological conditions are amongst the most heart rending things I've ever read.

Yes. I can sure you, if you are personally affected, then this news is very much a mix of hope and doubt.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
No one, not even me, is suggesting drowning or shooting anyone, although this from @mudsticks is instructive:

It indicates people should be afraid to voice an alternative view, which, of course, makes all her 'look after and be kind to everyone' schtick looks like the bullshite it is.

As ever, the proviso 'provided I agree with and approve of you' is missing.

Plenty of people think is ok, or even good that people are drowning.
That's a defensible 'alternate view' is it?

You are someone who is supposedly 'in the media' yet you pretend to be unaware of its effects.

Once glance at the comments section in your 'popular press' will confirm the nasty attitude of many.
And those sentiments are stirred up, and encouraged, by the narrative in those papers themselves.

But yeah, you keep defending the rights of others to do hate filled speech.

It's a consistent approach of yours at any rate.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
But what about mah freeze peach.?!?!?!.🤪

When Paley says that people are 'afraid' to voice alternative views (such as 'we should sink the boats') he doesn't mean afraid in the sense that the authorities will come for them, he means afraid that other people will let them know what they think of them.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
When Paley says that people are 'afraid' to voice alternative views (such as 'we should sink the boats') he doesn't mean afraid in the sense that the authorities will come for them, he means afraid that other people will let them know what they think of them.

Oh I know, the 'authorities' aren't coming for the haters.

After all, many of the current 'authorities' are haters themselves, it's a state endorsed attitude.

But I can't imagine for one minute that hate speakers are in the slightest bit afraid of the fluffy liberal likes of us..

I mean what with them all being such 'manly men' n all that . 🤔

D

Deleted member 28

Oh I know, the 'authorities' aren't coming for the haters.

After all, many of the current 'authorities' are haters themselves, it's a state endorsed attitude.

But I can't imagine for one minute that hate speakers are in the slightest bit afraid of the fluffy liberal likes of us..

I mean what with them all being such 'manly men' n all that . 🤔

I'm sure there's plenty of 'manly ' people amongst you fluffy liberals.

Top Bottom