The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
How, short of guns and/or drowning people can you stop the boats.

Have you not met Pale Rider before?

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
How, short of guns and/or drowning people can you stop the boats.

Sadly there are people who are happy enough to see this as a solution, and are not afraid to voice as much.

This must at least, in part, be as a consequence of the relentless demonisation and dehumanisation, of asylum seekers by the right wing populist press.

So that eventually it can seem acceptable to be 'pleased' when boats containing human beings founder.

I know there is always (?) going to be a cohort of nasty and uncaring people in any society.

But their voices can be amplified and encouraged, or else quietened and reasoned with by a considered media response.

Imo the populist press have blood on their hands for the relentless, anti asylum seeker campaign they have waged.
They really really don't seem to give a sh*t.
They'll say anything to stir up hatred and suspicion. Humanity, or truth, really don't matter.

The fact that our insidiously 'right wing populist' government, and their supporters, have rarely (if ever) done anything to counter the negative narrative surrounding asylum seekers, and immigration more broadly, shows exactly what kind of people they are.

They'll just use them as a tool, for brexit, for distraction from their own failings, for whatever.

People who vote for, or side with them, also show by association, who they really are.

D

Deleted member 159

Please stop trying to use a woman being raped as a foil for your xenophobic views.

It's highly offensive.

I find it really sad, that what seems alot of posters on here have little affection for their near family over anyone else.

Even what looks like putting illegal immigrants on a higher status

Straight forward questions

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I find it really sad, that what seems alot of posters on here have little affection for their near family over anyone else.

Well that's what you claim it looks like to you.

Most of us here, are not so dim as to fall for such blatant attempts at manipulation.

If you're truly bothered about the welfare of your family, community, or wider society.in general you'd not be taken in by populist arsholery such as that propounded by Farage, the present 'government' and all the rest of the shower who routinely bring us down as a nation

As it is, you seem to have been suckered by it all.

D

Deleted member 159

Well that's what you claim it looks like to you.

Most of us here, are not so dim as to fall for such blatant attempts at manipulation.

If you're truly bothered about the welfare of your family, community, or wider society.in general you'd not be taken in by populist arsholery such as that propounded by Farage, the present 'government' and all the rest of the shower who routinely bring us down as a nation

As it is, you seem to have been suckered by it all.

Thanks for your uncaring honesty re your family :okay:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Just to interrupt the flow for a moment with some genuine good news. This Alzheimers drug development is looking very promising. What a wonderful life changer that could be for suffers and families, absolutely incredible. Fingers crossed it's not false hope and it works long term of course. Ok. As you were.

Agreed, and, that it is generally available soon, rather than small trials.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Thanks for your uncaring honesty re your family :okay:

And thus you proudly display your unabashed ignorance, and basic lacking in English comprehension.

Your choice entirely, to expose yourself like that..

If you think that's it's ok to use a woman being raped as a cheap, point scoring method, in a discussion about asylum seekers, then you show your true nature.

Personally as a woman, who is at much greater risk of being sexually assaulted, than you are, I find your usage of that crime, to further your own agenda, highly offensive.

D

Deleted member 159

You can be offended all you like, it doesn't change the point.

I'm not responsible for how you feel, or anyone else, however uncomfortable the question or statement may be

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

Fear and division is what you’re trying to stoke with that 👆 approach.

And it’s about as original as it is surprising.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Well its not exactly "Good News'" but it's a start.

If the best defence of the Dartmoor wild-camping ban is that 'Being asleep in a tent doesn't constitute recreation' then I'd have thought that there is a good chance the 'ban'* will be overturned.

Sleeping out in the wilder open country is highly re-creational for ones soul.
A fact that many can attest to.

https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ause-you-are-just-asleep-dartmoor-appeal-told

*Of course there are still plenty of places on Dartmoor where you can back-pack camp but the principal for the rest of it needs re establishing...

D

Deleted member 159

Fear and division is what you’re trying to stoke with that 👆 approach.

And it’s about as original as it is surprising.

Wasn't being original, just saying how it is these days.

I don't go in for folk being offended claptrap, take it or leave it. The offence is yours

Top Bottom