The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Meanwhile back to the "Good News".

The nasty party etc thread being thataway>>>

I tried out some earlier sown fennel and it seems to have done alright.
PXL_20230720_072133029.MP.jpg

I'm having to keep an eye on sowing dates and variety selection with regard to changing weather patterns .

This will be mainly for domestic use 😋
'Production' sowing happening next week.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
I'm sure there's plenty of 'manly ' people amongst you fluffy liberals.

Oh absolutely,
I even have one of my very own 😋
Works at height - like you do, with 'gnarly' power tools and suchlike.

Thankfully he doesn't seem to need to keep proving, or announcing his 'masculinity' every five minutes, like some seem to do.

I know quite a few such men, they all seem quite secure in who they are, with no need to swagger, it shows it's not really so difficult to be like that.

And that's 'Good News' too right??? 👍🏼👍🏼

matticus

Guru
You think its ok for a family member to do that ?

No - do you? Come on, we value YOUR opinion too, don't just ask questions!

Perhaps this will help:
"I find it really sad, that what seems a lot of posters on here have little affection for their near family over anyone else."

D

Deleted member 28

Oh absolutely,
I even have one of my very own 😋
Works at height - like you do, with 'gnarly' power tools and suchlike.

Thankfully he doesn't seem to need to keep proving, or announcing his 'masculinity' every five minutes, like some seem to do.

I know quite a few such men, they all seem quite secure in who they are, with no need to swagger, it shows it's not really so difficult to be like that.

And that's 'Good News' too right??? 👍🏼👍🏼

I wasn't referring to the men.

D

Deleted member 159

Affection, I didn't say defend their illegal actions.

It seems that some prefer to virtue signal about the wider world and ignore their own back yard

lazybloke

Regular
Many asylum seekers in leafy Surrey where you are?

Yes, about 6000, according to a quick Google

,I'm aware of two 'accommodation centres' close by, but believe there are many more.

Bearing mind the number of job vacancies, it seems short-sighted not to allow asylum seekers to work whilst their application is pending.

matticus

Guru
Affection, I didn't say defend their illegal actions.

It seems that some prefer to virtue signal about the wider world and ignore their own back yard

I didn't know affection was the question. Here's your intriguing question that started all this:

"So one more rape is dismissed so flippantly. You need to look at yourself and decide where your allegiance sits. Do you put your family ahead of everyone else or the illegal immigrant ?"

Where is your allegiance - the rapist brother or the victim? Come on, help me dig into this properly!

Pale Rider

Veteran
When Paley says that people are 'afraid' to voice alternative views (such as 'we should sink the boats') he doesn't mean afraid in the sense that the authorities will come for them, he means afraid that other people will let them know what they think of them.

No, what Paley means @mudsticks, approves of someone being afraid to speak out when it's something she disagrees with.

But for something with which they agree, people like her are all for rights and free speech.

In other words, they are hypocrites.

@mudsticks is far from being alone in this, and far from being the worst offender.

I believe some of those nasty, right wing commentators may call it the cancel culture.

Not a phrase I tend to use, but it does have a genuine meaning.

Top Bottom