The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Aaand back to better wildlife news..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-66237559

They'll have a beaver or two, before you know it too 🦫🦫

Even bigger news in the byline! :ohmy:

Screenshot_20230720-145519-800.png

icowden

Legendary Member
Some good news from chez cirrus, eldest daughter has just graduated with honours in medicine.

Hopefully the government can sort out pay and conditions so she doesn’t feel it’s necessary to strike.

Or move to Australia...

Pale Rider

Veteran
The lion wasn't chasing a boar. The people who saw the lion were chasing the boar.

The relevant sentence from the Beeb report: Police were first alerted to the animal's presence after it was seen by two residents chasing a boar.

Could be read either way.

I thought it more likely the lion would be chasing the boar for its lunch, although I suppose the two Berliners could have been doing the same.

icowden

Legendary Member
The relevant sentence from the Beeb report: Police were first alerted to the animal's presence after it was seen by two residents chasing a boar.

Could be read either way.

I thought it more likely the lion would be chasing the boar for its lunch, although I suppose the two Berliners could have been doing the same.

Good point. Poor writing. I still like the idea of the residents randomly chasing a boar and seeing a lion.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Good point. Poor writing. I still like the idea of the residents randomly chasing a boar and seeing a lion.

Looking at it again, I think your reading of it is slightly more likely.

If the lion was chasing the boar I would have said something like:

Police were alerted to a lion chasing a boar by two residents.

Or:

Two residents alerted police after they saw a lion chasing a boar.

Or:

Don't worry, i'll stop now.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Had one run over the road in front of me on South Uist last month.

Plenty of space but didn't see it do any Kerb Drill!!

Big bugger, it'd have done the car plenty damage if I had clipped it.

Ace..

Not that it's a competition

(It's clearly a competition😇)

But I nearly trod on a pair running across my path, to the river, as I descended from the Falls of Glomach.

It took me a moment to realise what I was seeing..

Ace..

Not that it's a competition

(It's clearly a competition😇)

But I nearly trod on a pair running across my path, to the river, as I descended from the Falls of Glomach.

It took me a moment to realise what I was seeing..

Me too.

OH had them run between her feet near the (then) Youth Hostel in Lochmaddy 30+ years ago, by the time she'd thought WTF they, Mum and 2 pups, were gone.

Top Bottom