The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The guardian linked to the Mail article about solicitors providing false papers for asylum applications.

£10k gets you in after claiming persecution in their homeland

Government has watch list of 40 or so corrupt lawyers that deal with immigration applications

Do you have an actual link for this?

Pale Rider

Veteran
D

Deleted member 159

I pretty much expected it. Where there is money to be made, you will find folk prepared.

Remember the lawyer who made vexatious claims against soldiers. He was disbarred, Can't remember if he served porridge also

D

Deleted member 159

Everyone knows the majority of boat people are easier life seekers.

That view will only be reinforced by stories of lying boat people and bent lawyers.

Thus it makes the task of the few genuine asylum seekers even harder.

It really is obvious that the vast majority are illegal economic migrants. A corrupt legal system, backed by er 'do gooders' spouting constant drivel, how they're all abused political weaklings.

They're young fit men, with thousands in cash to pay to cross the channel, pay dodgy lawyers only too happy to submit creative oppression essays

glasgowcyclist

Über Member

It really is obvious that the vast majority are illegal economic migrants

I’m quite sure you both already know just how many asylum grants are made here annually but, just so you can no longer feign ignorance, I’ll restate the facts here. Three quarters of asylum claims are granted protection at the initial stage and those refused are often overturned.

So much for your majority, vast or otherwise.

Any other lies you want to peddle?

Fall at fence #1.

The government and their press loudpeakers/lickspittles, of which the Mail is front/centre, would like us to think that.

The reality is that, were it so, the Asylum system, a pair of corrupt lawyers notwithstanding, would not have a success level of 75%+.

You've swallowed Braverman's narrative HL&S.

D

Deleted member 159

I’m quite sure you both already know just how many asylum grants are made here annually but, just so you can no longer feign ignorance, I’ll restate the facts here. Three quarters of asylum claims are granted protection at the initial stage and those refused are often overturned.

So much for your majority, vast or otherwise.

Any other lies you want to peddle?

I heard a podcast a while ago. The headline used by the advocates of illegal immigrants asylum is misleading. The lawyers take the obsolete dead cert asylum victims and use this figure to say 75% of claims are successful.

There are tens of thousands economic migrants just waiting/delayed by lawyers to be removed from the UK. If you put the genuine into the overall figure it would be a tiny proportion who were declared successful

Pale Rider

Veteran
You've swallowed Braverman's narrative HL&S.

If only.

A properly strict asylum system would root out all the chancers.

We don't even know the nationality of the overwhelmingly large majority of boat people.

This makes any accurate assessment of their cases impossible from then on.

Generously, our system is weighted towards giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder if there is another country in the world where, having arrived with no papers, you are given food and accommodation, and legal aid to fight your spurious case?

Further, if it goes against you, we will pay for the appeal as well.

Hostile environment? These punters don't even know they are born.

If only.

A properly strict asylum system would root out all the chancers.

We don't even know the nationality of the overwhelmingly large majority of boat people.

This makes any accurate assessment of their cases impossible from then on.

Generously, our system is weighted towards giving people the benefit of the doubt.

I wonder if there is another country in the world where, having arrived with no papers, you are given food and accommodation, and legal aid to fight your spurious case?

Further, if it goes against you, we will pay for the appeal as well.

Hostile environment? These punters don't even know they are born.

Let me try again.

Do you have any actual evidence for what you say?

Top Bottom