The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Back on "Good news" (sort of), I found this story wildly entertaining:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-66254908

In particular , this throwaway line:-

There is a whole other story here... is boar chasing common in Berlin?

From ITV National News, it would appear it was the lion chasing the boar, and, subsequently, eating it.

D

Deleted member 28

Yes, about 6000, according to a quick Google

,I'm aware of two 'accommodation centres' close by, but believe there are many more.

Bearing mind the number of job vacancies, it seems short-sighted not to allow asylum seekers to work whilst their application is pending.

What sort of job vacancies are those then?

Ian H

Legendary Member
Ace..

Not that it's a competition

(It's clearly a competition😇)

But I nearly trod on a pair running across my path, to the river, as I descended from the Falls of Glomach.

It took me a moment to realise what I was seeing..

The [non-]competition is getting 'otter with each post.
I can confirm that I live by the Otter and I've never seen an otter.

Mr Celine

I once 'olidayed near the Otter and observed an otter called Ottie at an otter ottraction.

PICT1052.JPG

lazybloke

Regular
What sort of job vacancies are those then?

You can look here: www.gov.uk/find-a-job

NHS, hospitality, delivery drivers, seasonal crop-harvesting, are some recent examples.

If you weren't aware of labour shortages, i can point you to some news sources.

Pale Rider

Veteran
This case might send a shiver down the spine of Huw Edwards, depending exactly on what he asked his online friends to do.

A teacher was jailed for getting boys and girls to do truly mucky things online.

It's an old case, but is in the news again because the teachers' regulator has just banned him from teaching for life.

Took them a while, but I suppose there was no rush given that he's doing 17 years.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66297001

icowden

Legendary Member
This case might send a shiver down the spine of Huw Edwards, depending exactly on what he asked his online friends to do.
Why? The Police have confirmed that no criminal activity took place. This bloke was found to be a criminal and is in prison.
Can you really not see the difference?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Why? The Police have confirmed that no criminal activity took place. This bloke was found to be a criminal and is in prison.
Can you really not see the difference?

Of course I can, but the case does indicate to Evans he's had a close shave.

Which, of course, may have been deliberate in that he deliberately stopped short of doing anything criminal.

It seems the pics which started all this were only legal because the lad had just turned 18, which is all a bit chancy given that some victims claim to be older than they are.

Playing with matches is rarely a good idea, playing with legal matches even less so.

icowden

Legendary Member
Of course I can, but the case does indicate to Evans he's had a close shave.
Who is Evans?
It seems the pics which started all this were only legal because the lad had just turned 18, which is all a bit chancy given that some victims claim to be older than they are.
It seems the pics which started this don't exist and the story as reported by the Scum didn't happen according to the people involved.

D

Deleted member 159

The guardian linked to the Mail article about solicitors providing false papers for asylum applications.

£10k gets you in after claiming persecution in their homeland

Government has watch list of 40 or so corrupt lawyers that deal with immigration applications

Top Bottom