The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member

Do you have a credible link for this?

Sigh... where to start:-

VP Lingajothy asked for £10,000 to invent a horrific back story to use in the asylum application.
VP Lingajothy is not a Solicitor. He has no formal legal training.

Let's move on:-
At another firm a lawyer said he would have to ‘create the evidence’ to make it appear the reporter had a genuine fear of ‘persecution and assassination’ if he returned home.
I would question whether that was what he said in the way that he said it.

He boasted of a success rate of more than 90 per cent with similar asylum cases.
Solicitor boasts of success rate. Wow.
A third outlined the ‘fine ingredients of an asylum case’ he said he would use to make it appear the reporter feared for his life in India. This could include anti-government political allegiances, a love affair with someone from the wrong caste or being gay.
This sounds like they had derived information from the reporter and suggested the most likely avenues to go down to ensure a successful outcome. It doesn't suggest that they wanted to make it up.

But while immigrants face jail for making false asylum claims, solicitors who encourage, facilitate and profit from them merely face professional sanctions.
Essentially losing their jobs and livelihoods.
One law firm sacked the representative the Mail spoke to and closed one of its offices after we revealed our findings. It said his actions breached the law and broke the Solicitors Regulation Authority’s code of conduct.
Senior solicitor dumped the dodgy ones.

One solicitor who invented a story for our reporter to use also branded Home Secretary Suella Braverman ‘dumb’;
Sounds like he knew what he was talking about then.

Alp Mehmet of Migration Watch, which campaigns for tougher border controls, added: ‘This is shocking. It is beyond belief that lawyers would pervert the course of justice by concocting stories for bogus asylum seekers and pocket huge sums by doing it. ‘It undermines the legal system and discredits the asylum process. Such lawyers are a disgrace to their profession.’
If only there were some way to prevent this. Maybe by not requiring asylum seekers to engage the services of a solicitor to plead their case for entry. I mean these awful asylum seekers trying to bend the rules a bit to ensure their own safety and their ability to go out and earn a living by paying money into our economy. It's just shocking.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 159

It's their scoop, why would anyone else have it. The guardian linked to it. It must be true if the guardian says so

Pale Rider

Veteran

The lack of understanding on here of how news works continues to surprise me.

Forget who wrote it or where it appeared, just look at the words, spaces, and the pics.

Do they as a whole look true?

Of course they do, not least because several of the participants are named.

Your subsequent attempts to defend dishonest lawyers also surprise me, but I suppose all principles have to be sacrificed on the altar of 'all asylum seekers are exactly what they say they are'.

Mind, the story does appeal to my belief the simplest solutions are the best.

"Got no sob story to convince the asylum court?"

"No problem, we'll just make one up."

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I heard a podcast a while ago.

Is that it?

The figure I referred to is taken, not from a vague podcast but from the UK Gov’s own summary of the level of grants made in 2022.

D

Deleted member 159

The only ones are London elite for Uber drivers and fast food delivery

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Speak to the communities all around the UK, you will get a far clearer position. They don't want them

I was never more proud when Glasgow spoke up for ‘them’.

IMG_0370.jpeg

Top Bottom