The Good News Only - thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

Yes, because their true documentation would reveal they were economic migrants.

Lets stop using the wrong description

They're illegal economic migrants if they attempt to get entry into the UK

Last edited by a moderator:

icowden

Legendary Member
Lets stop using the wrong description
They're illegal economic migrants if they attempt to get entry into the UK
Who cares?

You both seem to be missing the point that they are of net benefit to the country.

Pale Rider

Veteran
You both seem to be missing the point that they are of net benefit to the country.

I doubt that assertion would find much favour among the men (or women) of Kent, or the general populace.

But I suppose they are all intellectually inferior, so their views shouldn't be taken into account.

D

Deleted member 159

Who cares?

Only to the gig economy.

I have no problems with controlled selective immigration. Educated, skilled, financially viable people.

If I were to emigrate to another country I would be expected to have these credentials.

But I suppose they are all intellectually inferior, so their views shouldn't be taken into account.
It doesn't matter if they are or not. The truth of economic benefit is revealed by arithmetic, not the popularity of a particular view.

Of course, as with the financial argument for or against the monarchy, it's not just (or even mostly) about the money.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Only to the gig economy.

I have no problems with controlled selective immigration. Educated, skilled, financially viable people.

If I were to emigrate to another country I would be expected to have these credentials.

And there would be the same expectation from the receiving country.

I wonder if some Aussies bellow 'racists' at their government for the way it manages immigration.

Perth and Western Australia have been advertising on UK media for candidates.

Not often Australia does that, takes me back to 'ten pound poms'.

icowden

Legendary Member
Only to the gig economy.
If you were to emigrate to another country I suspect you'd take a commercial airline rather than a small unstable boat in which you are likely to drown. Does that not give some sort of indication as to the desperation that these people have?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
If you were to emigrate to another country I suspect you'd take a commercial airline rather than a small unstable boat in which you are likely to drown. Does that not give some sort of indication as to the desperation that these people have?

Allegedly the asylum seekers are paying £500 per person to cross the channel, in a rubber boat. Wouldn’t it be cheaper, and safer, to cross via Eurostar?, or, as a foot passenger on DFDS ?

Pale Rider

Veteran
Allegedly the asylum seekers are paying £500 per person to cross the channel. Wouldn’t it be cheaper, and safer, to cross via Eurostar?, or, as a foot passenger on DFDS ?

One snag would be the carriers wouldn't take them without papers, because if they do there's a risk the traveller, once refused at the destination, becomes the responsibility of the carrier.

As previously observed, few will risk arriving at the UK with papers because it makes their true motivation too easy to work out.

Thus an unregulated boat ride is the best bet, despite the odd 'mishap'.

Even then, we send the best rescue service in the world out to fetch them, so they really are cooking on gas.

icowden

Legendary Member
One snag would be the carriers wouldn't take them without papers, because if they do there's a risk the traveller, once refused at the destination, becomes the responsibility of the carrier.

As previously observed, few will risk arriving at the UK with papers because it makes their true motivation too easy to work out.
No. Because they know they will be less likely to succeed with an asylum claim. What part of this do you not understand?
All HMG have to do is make it easier to apply for asylum *before* people cross the channel. Make it easier to supply documentation. Make the process better and stop keeping people in prison hotels or prison barges.

Stop seeing these people as criminals and actually see them as desperate people.

D

Deleted member 28

Why don't all you hero's out there get your arses down to the south coast and offer some of these poor, desperate people a roof over their heads?

Surely some of you have your own business's that could use hard working young men?

Put your money where your mouths are.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
No. Because they know they will be less likely to succeed with an asylum claim. What part of this do you not understand?
All HMG have to do is make it easier to apply for asylum *before* people cross the channel. Make it easier to supply documentation. Make the process better and stop keeping people in prison hotels or prison barges.

Stop seeing these people as criminals and actually see them as desperate people.

Any figures on how many Ukrainian Refugees crossed the channel in small boats ?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Why don't all you hero's out there get your arses down to the south coast and offer some of these poor, desperate people a roof over their heads?

Surely some of you have your own business's that could use hard working young men?

I put my name down to house a Ukrainian when that was a thing.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

It's because this is the reality of getting people to house a migrant in their own homes.........

Top Bottom