The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

multitool

Shaman
Hmmm.... which one... which one to trust...

It's a real head scratcher, that's for sure...

Badenoch is up shît creek

Screenshot_20240220_152656_Samsung Internet.jpg

Beebo

Veteran
Do "legal costs" include compensation? (I thought the dispute was if Government told Post Office to delay Compensation Payments?).

Either way, lots of people who need a good kicking over this affair, not least of whom are Vennells (with or without "dog-collar").

Yeah. I’m not too sure that letter is a smoking gun.
Point 3 mentions engagement with the enquiry and reaching compensation payments.

ebikeerwidnes

Yeah. I’m not too sure that letter is a smoking gun.
Point 3 mentions engagement with the enquiry and reaching compensation payments.

Yes - no smoke - but a distinct smell of possible burning

manage the expenses is a reasonable thing to do - but can also mean limp them through

does imply a further conversation - which is what he said - about the real meaning and priorities

Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

£1.8million! Expensive or not, would it be more economical (among other things) to provide each asylum seeker with a house (as a gift) plus, a state funded income (say £30,000pa) for three years, until they "get established and begin earning". According to my simple maths skills, that would cost approximately £600,000 per asylum seeker (eg £500k for the house, and £100k for the income), it could be even cheaper if they were housed outside of the expensive South East.

bobzmyunkle

£1.8million! Expensive or not, would it be more economical (among other things) to provide each asylum seeker with a house (as a gift) plus, a state funded income (say £30,000pa) for three years, until they "get established and begin earning". According to my simple maths skills, that would cost approximately £600,000 per asylum seeker (eg £500k for the house, and £100k for the income), it could be even cheaper if they were housed outside of the expensive South East.

Add in the new car and priority NHS access. You'll be close to what the average Mail reader believes already happens.

Top Bottom