The UK’s broken asylum system

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Veteran
20230807_202049.gif

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Milzy

To lighten the mood, I think some of these refugees who arrived by a small crap boat will one day own their own yacht. Just like their people trafficking Dons.

multitool

Shaman
If the correct figures bore you it suggests that, when all is said and done, you don’t like the thought of people from foreign lands being helped by those us that were born lucky. Why not own that position rather than inventing justifications using made up numbers? It’s just cowardly.

I don't think our resident adolescent cares.

He's just here to poo his pants and smear it on his bedroom walls to show how clever he is.

spen666

A read of today's news from afar does not make for heartening reading. Braverman attacking lawyers. ....

How to change what was said.

Braverman is attacking "crooked" lawyers, not all lawyers . There is a huge difference.

As a lawyerI support the crack down on crooked lawyers

All uphill

To lighten the mood, I think some of these refugees who arrived by a small crap boat will one day own their own yacht. Just like their people trafficking Dons.

I agree. We have committed ourselves to provide refuge for people at risk.

Alongside that many of the asylum-seeking people I know are very keen to work, pay taxes and make a better life here. If we are serious about increasing productivity and our tax base we should be facilitating the integration of these people.

mudsticks

Squire
I agree. We have committed ourselves to provide refuge for people at risk.

Alongside that many of the asylum-seeking people I know are very keen to work, pay taxes and make a better life here. If we are serious about increasing productivity and our tax base we should be facilitating the integration of these people.

But why would we do that, when we can use them as an effective target for hatred to distract from the incompetence of our own 'government' on so many fronts.?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

I would very much hope so.

This should be our ambition, then, they can help our economy, pay some taxes to fund our public services, etc etc win-win

Not unreasonable to assume that those who have the gumption to strive to get here, may, just have a bit of "get up and go" in them. ;)

spen666

How to change what was said.

"Man attacked women"

Does not mean the man attacked all women.

Braverman is attacking human rights lawyers. She has form for this.

No, Braverman is attacking crooked lawyers.

don't try to change it into something its not.
As a lawyer, I am delighted to see her and others attacking crooked lawyers. I hope they continue to attack crooked lawyers. no place for crooked lawyers in the legal profession

multitool

Shaman
No, Braverman is attacking crooked lawyers.

don't try to change it into something its not.
As a lawyer, I am delighted to see her and others attacking crooked lawyers. I hope they continue to attack crooked lawyers. no place for crooked lawyers in the legal profession

And who are these crooked lawyers? Another figment of the electoral campaign?

Top Bottom