Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

So do tldr is if you allow car company lobbies to alter legistation EV cars will all get cancelled only to reappear roughly 20 years later, toghether with sleek commercials claiming how clean those mofo's are?
I base myself on what i see no idea of someone made an database out of it. but there are multiple youtube with former ev-1 drivers who now drive an Tesla.
So anecdotal evidence then.

Lobbies for particular industries are not new and they continue to influence all manner of legislation. The oil lobby in particular appears to have too much influence when it comes to decisions about carbon emissions.

As I said earlier, GM had the chance to have a major foothold in the EV market, but blew it. Tesla started with a clean sheet.

Tesla was also fortunate, that Musk was one of the initial venture capital investors and later became the company's CEO. His ego, and seemingly his need for self publicity certainly put the company's products in the spotlight. I doubt many people could name more than one head of a car company and that one would be Musk.

Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
You forget that Tesla likely has lowest costs of all manufacturers, having no dealerships.
The lack of a middle man also gives Musk more control.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

albion

Guru
https://www.theverge.com/2022/12/20/23519597/elon-musk-security-stalking-police-report
I left the 'who is stalking who' craziness alone, it being too tabloid. However it did bring up most of the background information.
The above expands on a bit of the story.

It however got me wondering about how Musk lost the plot. Well there was his coincidental twitter romance, then his paedo spat, then his joint smoking insanity, then SpaceX became the in place for 'got regular government drug checks', then the 'take the red pill' spat then........

As the aspergers type, it really looks like Musk simply got way out of his comfort zone, one that was once, suitably very narrow.
Edit - the Guardian has gone further. It is too hard to have authority on this.
https://www.theguardian.com/technol...etails-on-elon-musks-alleged-stalker-incident

Last edited:

Bazzer

Interestingly, Tesla's share price has been on a steady decline since just before Musk's purchase of Twitter was finalised.

Top Bottom