USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

The whole justice system is in the governments pockets. It is obvious that it is a political attack at a convenient time. Sleepy Joe will one day have his ice cream & nap then be impeached.
No it isn't. It is using the laws which are in place for the protection of the country and it's citizens.
It is also apparent that the government records office has adopted a softer approach where it is possible records were taken by accident. - As evidenced by the methods adopted in respect of Pence and Biden.
Also read (not on some conspiracy web site) about the timeline of requests taken by the government records office about wanting the records back. Basically it reads;
Er, we seem to missing some records. Have you taken them by accident?
Nope, we have checked are definitely still missing some. Are you sure you don't have them?
Ok, here's a formal request for what records you have because we are pretty sure you have some.
No we are still missing records. We will have to issue a subpoena if you don't let us have the missing documents.
We don't think you complied with subpoena properly. This could have consequences.
FBI finds evidence of boxes being moved after subpoena is supposed to have been complied with.
FBI raid finds more records and confidential documents.
Special Counsel finds evidence of mishandling documents, documents not being held in secure places, steps being taken by Trump, his valet and a maintenance guy to hide boxes and their contents from the government records office and the FBI, Trump trying to use his lawyers to prevent the hidden records being disclosed.

Had this been, for want of a better term, an ordinary citizen with boxes of government records they should not have had, there would be no nice letters. The FBI would have been all over it.

Trump could have easily avoided this particular episode by actually following the law. He could also have avoided it by handing back the records when he was first asked to do so. But his narcissist behaviour makes him think he is above the law in pretty much every aspect of his life. That's why;
he lies all the time.
he issues so many law suits, to bully people who take a contrary opinion to his.
every case he brought of election fraud lost.
he has found to be a sexual assaulter.
the Trump Organisation was found to be engaged in tax fraud and
why he will lose against Jake Smith, Fani Willis the two New York AGs and he will get hit with damages for his case against his former lawyer Michael Cohen.

Milzy

No it isn't. It is using the laws which are in place for the protection of the country and it's citizens.
It is also apparent that the government records office has adopted a softer approach where it is possible records were taken by accident. - As evidenced by the methods adopted in respect of Pence and Biden.
Also read (not on some conspiracy web site) about the timeline of requests taken by the government records office about wanting the records back. Basically it reads;
Er, we seem to missing some records. Have you taken them by accident?
Nope, we have checked are definitely still missing some. Are you sure you don't have them?
Ok, here's a formal request for what records you have because we are pretty sure you have some.
No we are still missing records. We will have to issue a subpoena if you don't let us have the missing documents.
We don't think you complied with subpoena properly. This could have consequences.
FBI finds evidence of boxes being moved after subpoena is supposed to have been complied with.
FBI raid finds more records and confidential documents.
Special Counsel finds evidence of mishandling documents, documents not being held in secure places, steps being taken by Trump, his valet and a maintenance guy to hide boxes and their contents from the government records office and the FBI, Trump trying to use his lawyers to prevent the hidden records being disclosed.

Had this been, for want of a better term, an ordinary citizen with boxes of government records they should not have had, there would be no nice letters. The FBI would have been all over it.

Trump could have easily avoided this particular episode by actually following the law. He could also have avoided it by handing back the records when he was first asked to do so. But his narcissist behaviour makes him think he is above the law in pretty much every aspect of his life. That's why;
he lies all the time.
he issues so many law suits, to bully people who take a contrary opinion to his.
every case he brought of election fraud lost.
he has found to be a sexual assaulter.
the Trump Organisation was found to be engaged in tax fraud and
why he will lose against Jake Smith, Fani Willis the two New York AGs and he will get hit with damages for his case against his former lawyer Michael Cohen.

I hate Trump!

Milzy

Come on then. Lets have some detail around Obama's misconduct in office.

Trump would do sweet FA other than boast and sign whatever he is told to sign.

I forgot to mention Obama’s illegal war in Iraq 🇮🇶

icowden

Legendary Member
I forgot to mention Obama’s illegal war in Iraq 🇮🇶

And just to throw even more light on @AndyRM's post.

Iraq War: 2003 to 2011
George W Bush Presidential period: 2001 to 2009
Barack Obama Presidential period: 2009 to 2017

I think on balance that if you are the guy who started it, and the guy who continued it for 6 years you are probably more entitled to ownership that the guy who spent 2 years trying to end it.

Next you'll be protesting that Obama failed to serve in the Vietnam War despite not being old enough to enlist before it ended...

What I learned about American politics from the Obama administrations is just how hard it is to get the big stuff done, even when you are a popular president and supposedly leader of the free world.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
What I learned about American politics from the Obama administrations is just how hard it is to get the big stuff done, even when you are a popular president and supposedly leader of the free world.

Didn't help that he had a divided congress for most of his presidency. It's something of a miracle that he managed to achieve what he did.

Milzy

Didn't help that he had a divided congress for most of his presidency. It's something of a miracle that he managed to achieve what he did.

This is a fair point. He was well loved and talked like a real leader. Also extremely intelligent and likeable. He should have served another term. The crappy broken political system ironically brought Trump to power.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
This is a fair point. He was well loved and talked like a real leader. Also extremely intelligent and likeable. He should have served another term. The crappy broken political system ironically brought Trump to power.

He couldn't have served another term. One thing that the US political system has got absolutely spot on is the two term limit.

All uphill

Agreed. I understand its seen as a positive feature of the system as broad consensus is needed for significant change.

Not much chance of consensus recently!

It's also a system polarised between only 2 parties. It always seems odd to me that such a huge country has only 2 significant political parties. I suppose they have Independent politicians but that idea of all parties working together to implement a good idea (like the UK did with the NHS) just doesn't seem to happen. They don't even want to build a consensus on anything.

I wouldn't have minded a few more Obama years but at least their system stops megalomaniacs getting ensconced.

Top Bottom