USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Except that he has to front it all, and he is remarkably adept at pressing people's buttons, and appealing to certain demographics' worst instincts.

If you are a Trump critic, you have to bear in mind that when Trump speaks, he is not speaking to you. He is speaking to the susceptible, and what may appear as a meaningless word salad to his critics, means something entirely different to his target audience. And indeed, the response of his critics is unwillingly co-opted into his own armoury.

It might be immoral, and dishonest to its core, but it takes a certain skill to pull it off.

I see this, he’s like an amusing version of Hitler just less evil.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Trump can do neither, so does it matter?

I believe that Trump has a level of cunning and an ability to manipulate millions of people that requires intelligence.

To some extent people who get to be President are manipulated by the capitalist establishment in the US, but I believe that this is a symbiotic/mutualistic relationship where Trump is also using them.

icowden

Legendary Member
I believe that Trump has a level of cunning and an ability to manipulate millions of people that requires intelligence.
I believe that Trump has a level of cunning and an ability to manipulate people.

Found this interesting article:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41573846

Professor Fred I Greenstein, professor of politics emeritus at Princeton University, lists six qualities that bear on presidential performance.
They are: public communication, organisational capacity, political skill, vision, cognitive style, and emotional intelligence.
"Trump scores low on emotional intelligence, cognitive style, vision, and organisational capacity," says Dr Perry.
"Where he has been superb, in order to win the presidency, is public communication and political skill."

On the flip side:-
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/29/politics/trump-intelligence-briefings/index.html

Last edited:

multitool

Bazzer

Could be busy at the Fulton County jail in the next 48 hours or so.
I believe Trump is due on Thursday and John Eastman was processed yesterday. But other than Eastman I have heard of only one other indicted person turning up for processing.
The District Attorney Fani Willis has said she has arrest warrants waiting to be issued for those defendants who fail to meet the deadline of noon Friday to attend.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/aug/23/xi-jinping-brics-china-fails-to-give-key-speech

Being a 2nd absence makes illness a bit less likely. Makes me wonder if much of Brics is obsessed with revenge against the US and the west. China, on the surface, looks the main economy driven country. Reversal of some sanctions by the US hints at the extreme danger of driving China away.
internally China is much more patriotic then the USA is. However with Russia not making friends but making a lot of widows and death children instead their position is quite unclear, which indeed i agree with you seems to be a more likely reason for him not bringing the speech himself than something else.

It it though? I mean - it's not exactly voluntary patriotism is it?
Agreed, but on a wider scope, Chinese patriotism predates the current government by hundreds of years. so you could say it's part of culture.

something about the source..
Yes, nothing more reliable than the Chinese version of Pravda where all output is sanctioned by the Chinese Government.
yeah that's it, someone the chinese govement sanctioned media isn't that reliable when it come to honest and open information

Top Bottom