USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
And the media do not challenge it either in any meaningful way....

I would disagree with that. He's challenged often enough, and astutely too. But how can you possibly hope to get a coherent discussion with someone so blinded and deluded?

icowden

Legendary Member
I would disagree with that. He's challenged often enough, and astutely too. But how can you possibly hope to get a coherent discussion with someone so blinded and deluded?
And the media that does challenge his narrative is ignored by his fan base.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
And the media that does challenge his narrative is ignored by his fan base.

Well, yeah, because they know they've got nothing other than shouting "MAGA".

Pretty much the US equivalent of Brexiteers who say "You lost, get over it."

ebikeerwidnes

This is why he doesn;t want to take part in a debate with rules
If he is in a debate he just wants to rant and talk over people - and stalk around like he did with Hilary

But no-one - especially any Democrats - will allow that - they will be ready for him and counter it

Bazzer

More fallout from Trump's attempts to overturn the 2020 election. - Rudi Giuliani, Trump sidekick, indicted co-conspirator and formerly "America's Mayor", has had a default judgment made against him in a defamation lawsuit brought against him by two Georgia election workers, whom he pilloried on numerous occasions.

In short, he dragged his heels with the proceedings and then around 6 weeks ago submitted to the Court a document in which appeared to admit liability, but then was stupid enough to make a podcast in which he denied admitting liability.

There could be serious sums of money at stake when the time comes for a jury to determine the damages due. The far right media channel OANN has already settled an undisclosed sum to the same election workers.

icowden

Legendary Member
In related news it looks like Mitch McConnell has seized up again:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66665682

Not sure he should be running for another term...

Milzy

And another lawsuit to disqualify Trump from being on the ballot for the 2024 election. This time in Michigan.

They’d get him for not rewinding a blockbuster vhs from the mid 90’s. Don’t worry about Trump, he comes out smelling of roses in the end.

Bazzer

They’d get him for not rewinding a blockbuster vhs from the mid 90’s. Don’t worry about Trump, he comes out smelling of roses in the end.
I would rather he smelt of the inside of a prison, or better still, death. But I look forward to your sentence being proved wrong. :smile:

Top Bottom