USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hunter Biden is suing them both for violation of the computer fraud and abuse act and violation of California computer data access laws. And alleging that hard drives were illegally hacked, data manipulated and that data was spread in order to shame Hunter Biden and invade his privacy.
This follows an action being taken by Hunter Biden against Paul Mac Issacs the purported owner of the laptop shop. Although interestingly the action states there was not a laptop, but a number of hard drives.
Interesting he comes with that now, just when actual proceeding against him have started. Also interesting how he inserts the hacking thing(last time the democratic party blamed russian hackers it was their security that was leak AF) and the claims that it where removed hard drives. However if that ''Paul Mac Issacs'' speak the trought it's an death case, even if it where hard drives because Hunter didn't collect or pay for the repair of those items, so legally after a certain amount of time it transfers ownership. so unless the computer shop owners isn't telling the truth he has no case.
He could potentially sue for spreading his pictures etc. but i suspects documents and email are more interestig for him separate from the fact that it is to little to late (anything compromising has already published or is in the hand of authorities)

Bazzer

Interesting he comes with that now, just when actual proceeding against him have started. Also interesting how he inserts the hacking thing(last time the democratic party blamed russian hackers it was their security that was leak AF) and the claims that it where removed hard drives. However if that ''Paul Mac Issacs'' speak the trought it's an death case, even if it where hard drives because Hunter didn't collect or pay for the repair of those items, so legally after a certain amount of time it transfers ownership. so unless the computer shop owners isn't telling the truth he has no case.
He could potentially sue for spreading his pictures etc. but i suspects documents and email are more interestig for him separate from the fact that it is to little to late (anything compromising has already published or is in the hand of authorities)
You appear to be conflating two separate law suits; the one against Giuliani and his former lawyer and the counterclaim against Isaacs.
Before speculating about what you think happened with the laptop and transfer of ownership, have a read of the document and then read of the claim against Giuliani.

You appear to be conflating two separate law suits; the one against Giuliani and his former lawyer and the counterclaim against Isaacs.
Before speculating about what you think happened with the laptop and transfer of ownership, have a read of the document and then read of the claim against Giuliani.
I conflate nothing, that's why i left Giuliani out of my quote. I responded to what you wrote, the term countersuit is now used for the first time. But it doesn't matter that much, if that laptop shop owner told the truth it doesn't change anything as that laptop(even if it where in fact hard drives as Hunter Biden after years of not saying anything all of the sudden seems to claim) would still be abandoned and the ownership would still have been transferred. That is an basic legal principle(in the Us, in this country in most countries in the world.) if you leave something to be repaired and you don't pay or collect it it becomes ownership of the shop. The period of how long it has to be abandoned, eventual reminders letters that it's become your ownership differ from state, country etc. but if that all was correctly handled according to the local laws it has nothing to do with Giulliani as transfer of ownership had already taken place before he got it.

Please don't present whatever Hunter Biden's lawyers write in their claim as facts, it aren't they are claims.
A very important detail, they can be very detailed but a detailed pack of lies is still a pack of lies.

Bazzer

I conflate nothing, that's why i left Giuliani out of my quote. I responded to what you wrote, the term countersuit is now used for the first time. But it doesn't matter that much, if that laptop shop owner told the truth it doesn't change anything as that laptop(even if it where in fact hard drives as Hunter Biden after years of not saying anything all of the sudden seems to claim) would still be abandoned and the ownership would still have been transferred. That is an basic legal principle(in the Us, in this country in most countries in the world.) if you leave something to be repaired and you don't pay or collect it it becomes ownership of the shop. The period of how long it has to be abandoned, eventual reminders letters that it's become your ownership differ from state, country etc. but if that all was correctly handled according to the local laws it has nothing to do with Giulliani as transfer of ownership had already taken place before he got it.

Please don't present whatever Hunter Biden's lawyers write in their claim as facts, it aren't they are claims.
A very important detail, they can be very detailed but a detailed pack of lies is still a pack of lies.
I am not presenting what Hinter Biden's lawyers are saying as facts, but if you could be bothered to look at the claim against Isaacs you will see there is a disparity between the T&Cs applied by the shop owner and those required by the State of Delaware, in terms of when ownership is transferred. Obviously, this will be for a court to decide which interpretation is correct.
Furthermore, the shop owner has done himself no favours by publically admitting to accessing the data on the drive/s before the date of his claim to ownership arrived.
Also interesting how he inserts the hacking thing(last time the democratic party blamed russian hackers it was their security that was leak AF) and the claims that it where removed hard drives.
So what is "interesting" about the "hacking thing". Are you suggesting the data on the drive/s was not illegally accessed by Giuliani and Costello, that it was not manipulated, or that Hunter Biden somehow or for some reason, had a deliberate hand in the original content of the drive/s being distributed?

I am not presenting what Hinter Biden's lawyers are saying as facts, but if you could be bothered to look at the claim against Isaacs you will see there is a disparity between the T&Cs applied by the shop owner and those required by the State of Delaware, in terms of when ownership is transferred. Obviously, this will be for a court to decide which interpretation is correct.
Furthermore, the shop owner has done himself no favours by publically admitting to accessing the data on the drive/s before the date of his claim to ownership arrived.
Yeah will that's then indeed up to the court, normally you would say the state law. and agreed that he did himself not any favours

So what is "interesting" about the "hacking thing". Are you suggesting the data on the drive/s was not illegally accessed by Giuliani and Costello, that it was not manipulated, or that Hunter Biden somehow or for some reason, had a deliberate hand in the original content of the drive/s being distributed?
I don't known if it wasn't illegally accessed as the first point would be the ownership question the next point would be whether or not publication via chosen channels was a ''must'', and here the democratic party didn't do themselves any favors as we now known because Musk bought twitter that they actively lobbied to have the information from that laptop ''muted'' which opened the door for the laptop owner to claim he had to go to the republicans camp because other media/etc. wouldn't take it serious.

Hacking thing i mean in the 2016 election the democrats where ''hacked'' and while they blamed the russians for it and although i don't dispute it might have been a Russian hacking group caught into this. Fact was their system was so badly secured that anyone could get in, you could register your email with an link, and they used general username and passwords, when they first found out they send out new usernames and passwords in plain text to all emailadresses in the database. So those who had compromised it before automatically got access again All the while claiming in the media about this mean Russians, they were not wrong but in this case it was a bit silly as their security(or the lack off) was the main issue. But hey Hillary had for some reason already the name of the mean witch, woning up about their own security fails would have made their 2016 even more disasterous.

As i aside i still don't understand why Hillary Clinton is so unpopular Usually when an us president cheats on his wife i cost his popularity especially when the girl is barely legal like Lewisky was. But for some strange culmination of things Bill Clinton seemingly got more popular while Hillary's popularity plummeted.

https://amp.theguardian.com/politic...ve-to-make-it-work-if-trump-wins-says-starmer

It is a weird one, Trump continuously being seen to side with Putin. I can certainly see Trump abandoning both Nato and Europe.
Europe abandonment would be a natural consequence of pulling support for Ukraine.
Trump and Putin/Russia is a weird one, if you look at Policy under Trump the US actually hardened his stance against Russia, however on the same page there is lots of footage of Trump seemingly being good mates with Putin.
But it was also Trump who correctly noticed that is was strange Russia was considered ''hostile'' towards the EU but Germany and other EU countries did sign Nordstream to buy gas from them.
And his ''lets pull all support for Ukraine'' is off course also helping no-one except for Putin, although it remains to be seen how much of an impact it would have as long as the EU, UK and others keep supporting Ukraine.
And on the other side again it was Trump insisting on NATO countries meeting the 2% target.

But Trump (thankfully) isn't president yet, and the same for goes Starmer, and having to make it work is indeed part of his job if he ever becomes PM. (which as history proves, isn't an done deal either)

Bazzer

Yeah will that's then indeed up to the court, normally you would say the state law. and agreed that he did himself not any favours
Which, if the legislation quoted by Hunter Biden's lawyers is correct, puts Isaacs in something of a hole. Not only was he in breach of the law of ownership, but he has admitted accessing the data, even before the expiry within his own T&Cs.
I don't known if it wasn't illegally accessed as the first point would be the ownership question
See above comments.
Hacking thing i mean in the 2016 election the democrats where ''hacked'' and while they blamed the russians for it and although i don't dispute it might have been a Russian hacking group caught into this. Fact was their system was so badly secured that anyone could get in, you could register your email with an link, and they used general username and passwords, when they first found out they send out new usernames and passwords in plain text to all emailadresses in the database. So those who had compromised it before automatically got access again All the while claiming in the media about this mean Russians, they were not wrong but in this case it was a bit silly as their security(or the lack off) was the main issue. But hey Hillary had for some reason already the name of the mean witch, woning up about their own security fails would have made their 2016 even more disasterous.
The Democrats being hacked by the Russians has nothing to do with data on Hunter Biden's hard drives being illegally accessed by Issacs and/or Giuliani and Costello and tampering with the data thereon.

Bazzer

Meanwhile back in Trump world:
Judge Tanya Chutkin has declined Trump's request to recuse herself from his Washington DC hearing before her concerning the 6 January insurrection.
The appeals court has rejected Trump's application to delay the civil trial for hearing the damages claim brought by the AG Letitia James
Trump is due in Court in Florida on 3 October to sit for a 9 hour deposition in connection with his $500m law suit brought against his former lawyer/fixer, Michael Cohen. Oddly, (not really because he is using the law suit to try to bully Cohen), despite having brought the law suit against Cohen, Trump has been fighting to delay giving evidence in the law suit.

ebikeerwidnes

Looks like Melania is taking the possibility of her husband needing her presence in his campaign - and, of course(!) - for his forthcoming presidency mark 2, to update the T&Cs in the pre-nup
Apparently to protect the interests of Baron

Although I presume she makes sure she is set up OK as well

I would presume that she is making sure that Baron will be OK if/when the whole edifice crumbles - or if it carries on and trump dies of natural causes after becoming President again and hence makes loads more money - then Baron gets the same when his father dies as the other children (or maybe more???)

Either way - I bet Eric and Don are chewing the carpets about it!!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12573515/donald-trump-melania-prenup-renegotiate.html

(apologies for the daily mail link!)

icowden

Legendary Member
I would presume that she is making sure that Baron will be OK if/when the whole edifice crumbles - or if it carries on and trump dies of natural causes after becoming President again and hence makes loads more money - then Baron gets the same when his father dies as the other children (or maybe more???)

Either way - I bet Eric and Don are chewing the carpets about it!!
I doubt there will be anything left once the courts have finished with him.

the snail

Of course not. That's the weakness with Donny's approach to life. It only works whilst you are the boss. As soon as the underlings get in trouble they will try to save their own skin.

And they know Trump will throw them under a bus if it suits him. There can't be many who are stupid enough to do prison time for him.

Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
Pulling the plug simply reverses the hush money effect. And why Trumps lawyers fees are a bottomless pit.

Top Bottom