USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66967877

Some are realising they are better off without hush lawyer support.

Bazzer

The terms of the plea bargain deal require him to testify against others.
Very interesting. How many others will take that option?
Hopefully this will be the first of them.

I would imagine the smaller fry are now feeling the heat. Mark Meadows (former chief of staff) has failed to get his case moved to Federal Court as has Ken Cheseborough, the former lawyer in the Environment Department and for a few minutes Attorney General, who drafted a letter to Georgia officials about election interference. Trump has also notified the Court he will not be seeking a Federal removal. - Presumably having seen Mark Meadows fail and failing himself to get Federal removal in the Stormy Daniels hush money payments case, even Trump could see the writing on the wall that election interference wasn't part of a President's duties.

And If Mark Meadows and Ken Cheseborough couldn't get removal, the smaller fry who are also seeking removal will stand no chance at all.

Yusul Taveiras, (the IT guy apparently asked to delete CCTV footage), in the Mar A Lago documents case, has switched after having previously perjured himself before a grand jury. He was previously represented by the same lawyer who also represents Trump's valet and the groundsman, both of whom have been caught on CCTV moving boxes of unreturned records. I understand Jack Smith is seeking a hearing to disqualify the lawyer from representing one or both of the remaining parties, on the grounds of conflict of interest. This may also trigger another change of testimony.

Bazzer

Reminds me how the fraud case came about, and why Trump was the first president to hide his tax affairs.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66968025.amp

It was a public service in this one case, though doubtful with regards to the rest of the stuff.
I'm happy to be corrected, but I thought it was Michael Cohen who revealed details of Trump's valuation disparities?

More pain for Trump this week. Judge Engoron, who smacked Trump with the apocalyptic decisions concerning the Trump Organisation companies and officers of those companies, will be hearing tomorrow the other fraud charges brought by New York AG Letitia James, and I believe, submissions from the her concerning the damages claim.
Trump claims to be appearing as a witness, which could be both interesting and entertaining, given his other legal perils and weakness for shooting his mouth off.

Then it's back to Florida to sit for a deposition for the Michael Cohen civil law suit.

Bazzer

The fraud is much the discrepancies between what he reported on his tax returns and what he claimed on his loan applications.

It can be seen as tax fraud too in that he is cooking the books for each situation. Some data here.
https://www.propublica.org/article/...rump-tax-documents-show-major-inconsistencies

That tax return leak was 100% in the public interest.
👍
It may be that following the information in Propublica, that was why Cohen had numerous discussions with the New York AG, and he is expected to be called as a witness for the AG.

ebikeerwidnes

I was looking at this photo from trump's court appearance today

Screenshot 2023-10-02 at 19-58-18 Trump fraud trial judge to determine damages while it appear...png

and I noticed
a) trump is MUCH higher up than seems normal - wonder if he insisted on having a taller chair??
b) lawyer on left - laptop
lawyer on right - laptop
trump BIGLY BIG monitor

what a puerile childish pathetic moron!!!

icowden

Legendary Member
I was looking at this photo from trump's court appearance today

a) trump is MUCH higher up than seems normal - wonder if he insisted on having a taller chair??
b) lawyer on left - laptop
lawyer on right - laptop
trump BIGLY BIG monitor

what a puerile childish pathetic moron!!!
To be fair, the bigly big monitor might be because he won't wear reading glasses in public.

icowden

Legendary Member
I reckon he thinks walking slowly to the desk and then "glowering" makes him look strong
Probably. I'm not sure that he is rooted enough in reality to realise how damaging this court case could be. His attorneys are still making up how rich he is as justification. I think this may well lay out just how rich he isn't and just how much of his "wealth" is based on bullshittery.

albion

Guru
The problem is you have people like 'I am a cyclist' Peter Morici who have spent a near lifetime persuading people to the right.
Whilst he is part of the BBCs invisible balance quota, he has spent years bending the truth.

If you are fed a lifetime of people like Peter, Trump looks fairminded and solely a victim.

Top Bottom