USA Midterms....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 159

So for those abusing parents, all parents could be subject to penalties.

SNP seems to think the same way, trying to circumvent the GRC

AndyRM

Elder Goth
So for those abusing parents, all parents could be subject to penalties.

SNP seems to think the same way, trying to circumvent the GRC

Politics really isn't your thing, is it? Stick to random things about relatively obscure sporting events.

multitool

DeSantis has dropped out and is endorsing Trump. Not hugely surprising, I suppose, but it would have been better to have someone actually opposing him.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Trump, I have huge issues with him, and I want to see him lose.

But Trump is still a human being, and nobody deserves to have De Santis as a supporter.

Yeah, but they are weird. They refuse healthcare for all sorts of reasons where civilised countries would just treat the person.
Yes but the original point was in the US religion and in particular christanity is more powerfull then in europe. this was an example where the law uphelds a doctor refusing to help people because of different believes, i don't think a European court would rule the same.
'Cultural Marxism' does not exist.

It is a fake spectre created by the right. It is the Emmanuel Goldstein de nos jours.
There are more then enough left wing figures proud to use the marxcism name. Some important BLM members claimed they where ''trained Marxist'' for example.
But the main thing with things like this, regardless whether it is Marxism or something else is that most people accusing others of claiming to be inspired by it themselves often do not understand half of it.

icowden

Legendary Member
Yes but the original point was in the US religion and in particular christanity is more powerfull then in europe.
Yup. And that's both our fault and yours. We told the Puritans to bugger off to Holland. Then the Dutch got sick of them and told them to take their god bothering to the new colonies in America. The rest, as they say, is history...

Reactions: C R

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes but the original point was in the US religion and in particular christanity is more powerfull then in europe. this was an example where the law uphelds a doctor refusing to help people because of different believes, i don't think a European court would rule the same.

There are more then enough left wing figures proud to use the marxcism name. Some important BLM members claimed they where ''trained Marxist'' for example.
But the main thing with things like this, regardless whether it is Marxism or something else is that most people accusing others of claiming to be inspired by it themselves often do not understand half of it.

Who are these "more than enough left wing figures"?

Or is this like the Hamas supporters on the other thread, who you make sh!te up about?

ETA: It's impossible to be a "trained Marxist". The quote which I suspect you're referring to was taken from a broader interview. You can't be "trained" in cultural theory. You can be indoctrinated, or lied to, but that's a whole different matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R
Yup. And that's both our fault and yours. We told the Puritans to bugger off to Holland. Then the Dutch got sick of them and told them to take their god bothering to the new colonies in America. The rest, as they say, is history...
How about their own responsibility? Surely both we the dutch, the British empire, probably the French as well knew who they told ''hey, go on a adventure and explore new things in this great big boat.. '' and the most loved or usefull poeple weren't the first on the list. So admittely we probably dumped our garbage there However the US is granted not the oldest country on the globe but at least old enough to be at a point where we i my view can hold them accountable for their own actions. and their outdated views on abortion, trans rights etc. are still their because they refuse to update their views, it not that they can't it's because they threw in a hypothetical toddler tatrum every time they get told ''maybe it's not the best way to do things''.

Who are these "more than enough left wing figures"?

Or is this like the Hamas supporters on the other thread, who you make sh!te up about?
It's an endless loop, i name a few then you either agree or disagree or it's what about this and that etc. etc. however if you fail to see to giving nicknames to a certain group isn't only a right wing thing then this whole discussion is pointless, because your denying an very basic human trait.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
How about their own responsibility? Surely both we the dutch, the British empire, probably the French as well knew who they told ''hey, go on a adventure and explore new things in this great big boat.. '' and the most loved or usefull poeple weren't the first on the list. So admittely we probably dumped our garbage there However the US is granted not the oldest country on the globe but at least old enough to be at a point where we i my view can hold them accountable for their own actions. and their outdated views on abortion, trans rights etc. are still their because they refuse to update their views, it not that they can't it's because they threw in a hypothetical toddler tatrum every time they get told ''maybe it's not the best way to do things''.

It's an endless loop, i name a few then you either agree or disagree or it's what about this and that etc. etc. however if you fail to see to giving nicknames to a certain group isn't only a right wing thing then this whole discussion is pointless, because your denying an very basic human trait.

You haven't named any left wing figures who are proud to call themselves Marxist.

What you're failing to see is that you're creating this endless loop by claiming posters have said things which they haven't, you get called on it and then claim you can't be bothered to back up what you've claimed because it's there for all to see.

albion

Guru
It is not something that would be used direct. I mean, do the fascist US right wing politicans call themselves fascist?
Some union leaders have Marxist leanings, as did Corbyn.

ETA: It's impossible to be a "trained Marxist". The quote which I suspect you're referring to was taken from a broader interview. You can't be "trained" in cultural theory. You can be indoctrinated, or lied to, but that's a whole different matter.
I know i just saying what i heard which wasn't a out of context quote but a substantial part of that interview. I found a utah respresentative going on about that quote in the link below, which goes about the context and then a other part about why they don't agree or something
https://le.utah.gov/publicweb/BRISCJK/PublicWeb/43194/43194.html
and that is '' Patrisse Cullors and ''Alice'' co-founders of black live matters. who openly say they are trained Marxist, i agree with you you can't be trained in such an ideology, i simply say what they said. But it's also not the first time i hear people proudly prenounce they like Marxism, Lenin, Communism etc. but those events on itself didn't make that much of an impression on my that i wrote them down so i can give you an list whenever asked. it doesn't work that way.

Poacher

Regular
ai-generated-image-of-donald-trump-with-six-fingers.jpg

Such a devout xtian! Unusually shiny suit, facing the back of the church ( judging by the pew armrest ), and count the fingers!

Top Bottom