War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

"Talking to Russians on Facebook" was something I'm pretty sure you claimed to be doing. And using Russia Today as a source.

I'd trust either of those about as much as an Olympic official in debt.

There’s more sources than that. Your source is main stream media which will be full of BS.

EA3ADAE2-0347-4219-9A74-25E27C61ED30.jpeg

multitool

I worked and travelled in Russia in the early 1990s, it was 'interesting'.

I've a Russian friend who is very, very bitter about the way things worked our and in particular the willingness of London to accept Russian mafia money.

What were you doing there? Oil and gas?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I've a Russian friend who is very, very bitter about the way things worked our and in particular the willingness of London to accept Russian mafia money.

What were you doing there? Oil and gas?

No, not Oil or Gas.

Can't say, had to sign Official Secrets Act.

Had lots of interesting conversations, particularly with one Russian Colleague who was born same year as me. Very interesting to compare our life 'experiences', particularly the Financial ups and downs. Gave me a new view of Government 'achievements'.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

You know literally nothing about my sources for news, other than that I think the BBC is more reliable than RT and some Russian strangers you think you're talking to on FaceBook.

I also think the bbc is better than RT. The Ukrainian & Russian strangers are worth listening to for some balance.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
RT is literally controlled by the state. The only more unreliable news source that springs to mind is Al Jazeera.

For all its flaws, the BBC is miles ahead of either of them in terms of reporting.

As for Russian and Ukrainian strangers on a social media site? They could be absolutely anyone, so you're not getting any balance there.

MrGrumpy

Regular
Mate at work is/was an avid watcher of RT and still watches AL Jazeera . In his words you get more balanced news ……. He was..:..maybe still is a conspiracy theorist . He wasn’t the full tattie ….. seems to have gotten a bit more sensible as he’s aged …..

D

Deleted member 49

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Mate at work is/was an avid watcher of RT and still watches AL Jazeera . In his words you get more balanced news ……. He was..:..maybe still is a conspiracy theorist . He wasn’t the full tattie ….. seems to have gotten a bit more sensible as he’s aged …..

More balanced news from state owned outlets. Very good.

Conspiracy theorists are a hoot. A friend of mine's ex is one, and doesn't use WhatsApp because it's owned by Meta, so uses Telegram instead. Doesn't quite grasp the reality that he's just being listened to by a different set of people.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

I’m sure I was joking about RT but anyway, you think we are throwing Billions at Ukraine just to help some innocent people out?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I’m sure I was joking about RT but anyway, you think we are throwing Billions at Ukraine just to help some innocent people out?

I don't really know what to think to be honest. The whole situation is utterly bonkers, and to me feels like Cold War 2.0 territory. There is little to suggest anything positive will come from the whole conflict.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

I don't really know what to think to be honest. The whole situation is utterly bonkers, and to me feels like Cold War 2.0 territory. There is little to suggest anything positive will come from the whole conflict.

I agree with that and so will much of the public. People just get on with their daily lives and many won’t even bother checking any news sources of the conflict what so ever.

Top Bottom