War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yes, apparently he's sent his armed convoy back to their bases 'to avoid bloodshed'. Must have been a terrifying few hours for the Russain public though, with those two competing nut jobs squaring up to each other.

D

Deleted member 121

Well that seems to have been a storm in a tea cup!
Prigozhin seems to have over played his cards and must now be very worried for his future. Don’t go into any high rise buildings.

Im not so sure. Prigozhin is the leader of a sizeable armed militia that is quite popular in Russia. A good portion of his force are convicted criminals who he has essentially "freed". They're likely to remain close to Prigozhin and i doubt he will be an easy target. It is possible he overplayed his hand and hoped for the Russian army to split and support him, but the fact that they didn't this time, doesn't mean they do not support him. This happening is worse for Putin than Prigozhin as the mad scramble to defend Moscow, including destroying infrastructure to slow Wagner and likely subsequent fleeing of Putin from Moscow is likely to play a pivotal part in Russian politics going forward. I think it is far from over...

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

IMG_2061.jpeg

albion

Guru
No one knows which way it will now turn. It might even turn out that Prigozhin was the motivator behind the Ukraine Invasion.

There is now a short window for Putin to turn back somewhat. Unlikely, his main motivation being to cling to power and stay alive.
Penny for your none rabble thoughts.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

No one knows which way it will now turn. It might even turn out that Prigozhin was the motivator behind the Ukraine Invasion.

There is now a short window for Putin to turn back somewhat. Unlikely, his main motivation being to cling to power and stay alive.
Penny for your none rabble thoughts.

Great analysis there. All I know is the military industrial complex are making record profits including drone manufacturing. The casualties are low, compared to many other conflicts.
I observed a video of a Russian patrol crawling through a field with some tree cover. A drone with a powerful camera showed the artillery where to shoot. They had 0 chance of survival, nowhere to hide from the accurate shelling. It’s sad to see young men die as pure cannon fodder in this day & age.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You can't possibly know the extent of the casualties. All sides in any conflict lie about the extent of them, but Russia is particularly notorious for it.

albion

Guru
But for the fact that the Russian army is likely very corrupt, a Pakistan like army government would be the best outcome.

Long term it looks the only solution.

Top Bottom