War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Scary times. I recall the army grim faces when Putin started the war, myself now doubting Putin has much,, if any regular army backing.

We might now get a bigger nutter than Putin in charge.

Boris is looking for a new role at present?

Or perhaps, an overseas role for Donald might distract from his domestic problems in the USA

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

albion

Guru
A petition to send them both over would certainly get traction.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Scary times. I recall the army grim faces when Putin started the war, myself now doubting Putin has much,, if any regular army backing.

We might now get a bigger nutter than Putin in charge.

Yes exactly!! Putin is a pussy cat tormented by USA & NATO. People might be getting it now.

• Laugh

stowie

Well. That was odd.

Russian boosters /trolls /bots are saying this is Putin playing 4D chess. Clearly us mortals are not understanding that looking incredibly weak by granting immunity to the leader of a mutiny is strategic genius. Or pushing another, completely opposite, narrative that it is the the work of NATO dark arts. Of course both narratives are bollocks, not intended for anyone but the most gullible to believe but to cover social media with so much bullshit that the truth becomes buried.

Prigozhin was having his private army taken away from him and being attacked by his own side into the bargain. I am guessing he felt he didn't have much to lose at that stage. And probably was far more successful at marching on Moscow than he had ever thought. But the Russian armed forces were just sitting on their hands unwilling to get too involved either way, and Prigozhin wouldn't have been able to win a fight in Moscow without them.

Ultimately, Prigozhin is a mercenary. I would imagine he has cashed out big time from the Lukashenko negotiation, probably with an agreement about future resource control in Africa (which is where his real money is made). I suspect he is hoping he lives long enough to enjoy it.

If Putin wasn't going to get any help from China for his Ukraine war, he certainly won't now. The China administration don't like a loser. And the CSCTO members weren't exactly falling over themselves to help Putin either. Internal matters etc. etc.

I think Putin will remain in power for a good while longer, not least because there is absolutely no-one in a position to take over. But the whole edifice is looking shaky and chaotic.

matticus

Guru
But the Russian armed forces were just sitting on their hands unwilling to get too involved either way, and Prigozhin wouldn't have been able to win a fight in Moscow without them.

Remember there is no point in sending Prigo to jail, as he'd almost immediately be recruited back into Wagner.

the snail

Well. That was odd.

Russian boosters /trolls /bots are saying this is Putin playing 4D chess. Clearly us mortals are not understanding that looking incredibly weak by granting immunity to the leader of a mutiny is strategic genius.
Having the national guard desperately digging trenches in Moscow, blowing up their own bridges on the route, and putin running away to St. Petersburg was clearly a masterful double bluff. I bet he was glad to get back to Moscow for a fresh pair of underpants though.

albion

Guru
I noticed that the Guardian made prominent a suggestion that the whole mutiny thing might be a covert strategy to ensure Russia gets full control over Belarus.

Unlikely, myself thinking Prigozhin and his supposed accomplice might already be dead, that being the normal mode of operation by Putin.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Any fool knows a coup d'état has to be super swift taking control of government buildings before they realise what’s happening. Driving hundreds of miles gives Putin many hours of warning. They cease the little town then have to drive hours more towards Moscow giving even more warning. Not the way to do it. Maybe it was just about political rivalries & not anything to do with the CIA. You can’t really mess up more than the bay of pigs.

Top Bottom