War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ebikeerwidnes

Looks to me like a scripted and controlled platform calculated to give Putin an opportunity to tell "the people of America" (i.e. the trump supporters) his view of the situation

and for carlson to get some publicity and look like he is a serious journalist

point 1 worked
point 2 - dunno - he looked trapped to me but what to I know
(looked like he was trying to look interested in a 30 minute lecture and wondering how to get out at the end and where the nearest high window was!

albion

Guru
Posted elsewhere but this went up the very day before the invasion.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker-carlson-hate-putin-americans-suffer

D

Deleted member 121

Putin has stated that he will not invade Poland and had no interest in Latvia etc

Given his track record - that is worrying!

Well, first you have to believe a word he says. But if we do, he did specifically say "unless Poland attacks Russia (and Belarus)" I mean, im sure he could arrange that. If he does, the Putin simps will be all over it.

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Putin wants peace it’s the west who won’t cooperate. I think he’s happy with what land he’s got to keep NATO away. The west are making too much money to stop.

• Laugh

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Putin wants peace it’s the west who won’t cooperate. I think he’s happy with what land he’s got to keep NATO away. The west are making too much money to stop.

Of course he is happy to call for peace if it means he gets to keep what he has taken by war and invasion. By co-operation I assume you mean letting him keep it and stopping those countries who want to join Nato, out of concern over their neighbour's territorial ambitions, do so.

If the West are making too much money out of this war to stop how come Russia isn't making money out of it as they are now an (autocratic) capitalist state?

He can have his peace, simply order his troops to get the fark out of Ukraine including Crimea and never turn back. It's that simple.

ebikeerwidnes

OK - lets assume that that is a reasonable point of view

So - what do we do?
Tell Ukraine there will be no more weapons or ammunition and they have to stop fighting
and they have to acknowledge that Russia now includes those areas of Ukrainian that they currently occupy

OK fine - this has been done before in various parts of the World

Then what - what is to stop Russia re-arming and attacking again in a few years time

Well - clearly we should ask Russia to guarantee that they will not do this - that they will take the current situation and publicly state that this is it and promise to accept this for all time

Sounds fine

Except that Russia has already promised this with the old borders
and now they have reneged on their promises and vows and invaded anyway

so why should the people of Ukraine believe them this time - and why would anyone want to live near the Eastern border knowing that tanks could come down the High Street at any time
and missiles could land on Kiev at any time

how do you make Russia to make a commitment that can be trusted or enforced

Ian H

Guru
He collapsed while "taking a short walk"

hmmm - so we are expected to believe that "convicts" in SIberian prisons are free to "take a walk" at will???

OK
anyone smell something a bit ratty???

The denials can't be too plausible or the deaths won't have the required deterrent effect.

Top Bottom