War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A bit more clarification for you.
Obama was president from 2009 to 2015.

1. ISIS or Daesh originated in 2004 during the Iraqi insurgency. So George W Bush largely to blame.
  2. Caliphates have existed since 632 and were banned in 1924. There have been attempts to bring them back. Notably by ISIS (see no.1)
  3. BLM did start up during the Obama presidency. It was triggered by a spate of police brutality and illegal shootings / killings of black men, and in particular the acquittal of George Zimmerman for shooting down Trayvon Martin. This did happen on Obama's watch. Not sure why you think that brutally murdering young black men is a good thing?
  4. Antifa in the USA started to become prominent during Donald Trump's presidency. Oddly, if you elect a President who seems to echo Fascist ideals (dictatorial leader, forcible suppression of opposition, etc. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-on-the-march-and-its-trump-who-sets-the-pace
  5. The "War on Police" is a direct response to the increased militarisation of Police Forces under Republican Presidents. Hard to see what Obama has to do with it, other than perhaps putting more in place to get rid of corrupt racist police officers.
So that "meme" is a combination of bollocks and misinformation, As usual.

Yebbut...alternative facts innit....

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

A bit more clarification for you.
Obama was president from 2009 to 2015.

1. ISIS or Daesh originated in 2004 during the Iraqi insurgency. So George W Bush largely to blame.
  2. Caliphates have existed since 632 and were banned in 1924. There have been attempts to bring them back. Notably by ISIS (see no.1)
  3. BLM did start up during the Obama presidency. It was triggered by a spate of police brutality and illegal shootings / killings of black men, and in particular the acquittal of George Zimmerman for shooting down Trayvon Martin. This did happen on Obama's watch. Not sure why you think that brutally murdering young black men is a good thing?
  4. Antifa in the USA started to become prominent during Donald Trump's presidency. Oddly, if you elect a President who seems to echo Fascist ideals (dictatorial leader, forcible suppression of opposition, etc. https://www.theguardian.com/comment...-on-the-march-and-its-trump-who-sets-the-pace
  5. The "War on Police" is a direct response to the increased militarisation of Police Forces under Republican Presidents. Hard to see what Obama has to do with it, other than perhaps putting more in place to get rid of corrupt racist police officers.
So that "meme" is a combination of bollocks and misinformation, As usual.

I didn’t create it. It was on X. Blame Elon Musk.
Really I wanted to mention Putins hypersonic missile attack that injured 5 people. That missile must have cost over a million pounds. What a complete waste of money. Nice for who ever made it as they’ll have to sell more to re-stock Putins shelves.

icowden

Legendary Member
I didn’t create it. It was on X. Blame Elon Musk.
Oh I do. People post all sorts of nonsense, which unfortunately gullible people believe. There are morons out there that think Obama dodged serving in Viet Nam*
Really I wanted to mention Putins hypersonic missile attack that injured 5 people.
Why not mention it then, instead of posting spurious memes?
That missile must have cost over a million pounds. What a complete waste of money. Nice for who ever made it as they’ll have to sell more to re-stock Putins shelves.
Or - you take the view that they had a successful test run, even if the payload didn't achieve the objective. Many people deride Musk for his rockets "blowing up" whilst failing to understand that the rocket exploding was always part of the plan.

*he did - he was 8 years old at the time

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

A guy on Zwift from Russia sent me a friend request. He’s got USSR after his name. He looks like a nice guy on his Strava pics. Should I ignore him because he’s the enemy if he wants the USSR back?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
A guy on Zwift from Russia sent me a friend request. He’s got USSR after his name. He looks like a nice guy on his Strava pics. Should I ignore him because he’s the enemy if he wants the USSR back?

Get suspicious if he says he's in love with you and wants to live with you but needs a loan of some money to get his bikes to the UK...even if he looks nice on his pics.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Some funny posts, I approve. What do you think about this ISIS attack on Russia? My mate Dave says ISIS has never been anything other than a Mossad operation. The USA is a vassal state to Israel. Mossad operates ISIS with the full financial and logistical support of the USA through the CIA. I’ve also heard the same on various podcasts.
What is there to gain by doing what they did, then be captured and tortured?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Some funny posts, I approve. What do you think about this ISIS attack on Russia? My mate Dave says ISIS has never been anything other than a Mossad operation. The USA is a vassal state to Israel. Mossad operates ISIS with the full financial and logistical support of the USA through the CIA. I’ve also heard the same on various podcasts.
What is there to gain by doing what they did, then be captured and tortured?

Sounds like a smart bloke, your mate Dave. Let's hope Mossad don't know where he lives.

Ian H

Guru

We had a Russian guy ride LEL some years ago. He appeared to have some slightly dodgy import-export business across the Finnish border. We gave him a lift after the event, stopped to refuel. My friend P bought a magazine, our Russian was eyeing the top shelves but made no purchase. Back in the van, he asked P about his magazine (he spoke English but didn't read it). He said he only bought magazines for his hobbies; he bought two magazines: cycling and erotic. A few months later a package arrived through the post from St Petersburgh. Inside was a VHS tape of Swan Lake performed by the Bolshoi. I removed the cellophane, slid the cassette out, and there was a postcard from our Russian friend inviting me to St Petersburgh. I never went. (and it really was Swan Lake).

I don't know what point you're trying to make here, unless it's "Putin is nuts and will do or say anything which casts him in a favourable light even if it's bollocks".
That what you said about a ''batsh!t crazy conspiracy theory'' isn't that far fetched, considering there are many rumors Putin has done it before. Despite in this case it's looking more likely to be Isis

Top Bottom