War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Interview with former head of MI6 on Toaday prog this morning was worth listening to regarding the so-called optimism around peace talks.
Putin absolutely needs a win here to ensure his survival, otherwise war continues. Don't be fooled by positivity on the Russian side, it's a smokescreen....
I was speculating whether the positivity is, as you say, a smokescreen, or perhaps is a sign of Vlad's grip on power being loosened.

I was speculating whether the positivity is, as you say, a smokescreen, or perhaps is a sign of Vlad's grip on power being loosened.
I hope the latter....
Ukraine needs to stick to its guns...so to speak....

matticus

Guru
Going (painfully) back a few posts ... talking about Putin being "cornered" is rather unhelpful. Yes, I know it's meant politically etc ... but the comparison is, of course, with an actual physical position. (See the helpful picture of a bear earlier.)

Now look at this map of Russia:
1647448967967.png

If Putin were to retreat from that bit on the left labelled Ukraine, is "cornered" how would you describe his position on this map?

I don't see any viable threat from his neighbours to living a peacable life within that big orangey-brown area.

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

Where did you get it and when was it taken?
Listen, I’m talking to Russian people on Facebook. I suppose our government tells us the truth & only “the other side” are mind washed with their propaganda. Come on everyone has their own reality but people need to wake up. It’s still no excuse for the Russians to do what they’re doing though.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Listen, I’m talking to Russian people on Facebook. I suppose our government tells us the truth & only “the other side” are mind washed with their propaganda. Come on everyone has their own reality but people need to wake up. It’s still no excuse for the Russians to do what they’re doing though.
No side is immune from spreading propaganda, but:

Are our country bringing in a law against telling "lies" about the war, sorry the "special operation"?
Are the West closing down television, radio stations and newspapers?
Are the West closing down access to international social media platforms?
Are the West arresting thousands and threatening them with long jail sentences for demonstrating against the war, sorry the "special operation"?
Are the West denying they are targeting cities and civilians?

Or are none of the above happening in Russia?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
You still haven’t said where it’s from (I don’t know why you’d be reluctant to reveal this) or when it was taken. Is it meant to be current? If you saw a photo of a British Army soldier making a nazi salute would that mean Britain was a country of nazis? (Current government excepted, obvs)

OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

You still haven’t said where it’s from (I don’t know why you’d be reluctant to reveal this) or when it was taken. Is it meant to be current? If you saw a photo of a British Army soldier making a nazi salute would that mean Britain was a country of nazis? (Current government excepted, obvs)
Research this Ukrainian Nazi battalion. You don’t even need to go through duck duck go.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion
They’ve been supported by the Biden family for years now.
Many countries have a Neo Nazi party of some size within them somewhere. Zelensky is a puppet especially selected from Washington.

Attachments

• 66BCBADD-DB8A-48DD-9A77-7FC2FBE92915.png
    66BCBADD-DB8A-48DD-9A77-7FC2FBE92915.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 9

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
No side is immune from spreading propaganda, but:

Are our country bringing in a law against telling "lies" about the war, sorry the "special operation"?
Are the West closing down television, radio stations and newspapers?
Are the West closing down access to international social media platforms?
Are the West arresting thousands and threatening them with long jail sentences for demonstrating against the war, sorry the "special operation"?
Are the West denying they are targeting cities and civilians?

Or are none of the above happening in Russia?
On the 2nd point, the UK appears to have taken Russia Today off the air. Which, of course, is one channel, whereas it's several media outlets in the Russian Federation.

Johnno260

Regular
Research this Ukrainian Nazi battalion. You don’t even need to go through duck duck go.
Many countries have a Neo Nazi party of some size within them somewhere. Zelensky is a puppet especially selected from Washington.

Zelensky is one of 2 Jewish leaders, his family grandparents suffered during the holocaust as well.

Again this isn’t hard to find, but then again you’re obviously looking for confirmation bias and not facts.

The Azov group is far right, but we have far right nutters in the U.K. as well, just look at the EDL pratts and Tommy Robinson and his flying monkey goon squad.

It still doesn’t justify an illegal invasion and wholesale shelling of civilians and hospitals.

https://news.sky.com/story/ukraine-...bed-mariupol-hospital-dies-with-baby-12565815

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/mfa_ukraine/status/1504056536250957833/photo/1

Yea totally justified.

Oh and the Bidens? Really next you will tell me Trump, Putin and Xi Ping are all working to rid the world of the cabal!

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I honestly don’t see the point in you quoting my post if you’re only going to avoid answering it.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
On the 2nd point, the UK appears to have taken Russia Today off the air. Which, of course, is one channel, whereas it's several media outlets in the Russian Federation.
Yes, I think it was a tactical mistake to do that as it would have provided more evidence of state propaganda but there are still a huge choice of news sources that we can tap into with ease, not mouthpieces of the UK government. There is no comparison.

Ian H

Guru
Going (painfully) back a few posts ... talking about Putin being "cornered" is rather unhelpful. Yes, I know it's meant politically etc ... but the comparison is, of course, with an actual physical position. (See the helpful picture of a bear earlier.)

Now look at this map of Russia:
View attachment 869
If Putin were to retreat from that bit on the left labelled Ukraine, is "cornered" how would you describe his position on this map?

I don't see any viable threat from his neighbours to living a peacable life within that big orangey-brown area.
Not physically cornered, politically cornered, and thus dangerous.

Top Bottom