War with Russia

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Would anyone find it odd if a formerly prolific poster on the Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs sub forum (last seen there about 2016) and on the Corona virus Outbreak thread (to April 2020) suddenly re-appeared on NACA spouting Russian propaganda?
ЗаписыватьТузОтНовый

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Would anyone find it odd if a formerly prolific poster on the Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs sub forum (last seen there about 2016) and on the Corona virus Outbreak thread (to April 2020) suddenly re-appeared on NACA spouting Russian propaganda?
ЗаписыватьТузОтНовый

How exciting! Do you think he/she could be a sleeper?, or, have I read too many John Le Carre novels? ;)

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
A reporter for Fox News has been killed.
It will be interesting to see how that gets spun by the Russian supporters on the far right of US politics.

View attachment 862
The bear in your picture seems both cornered (well ok - chained to a wall), and poked (well, a dog's jaws are attached to his throat). Most folks would say that Russia was being treated rather better than the bear in your picture. (are they still in Crimea? Who decided that was OK?)

Are you one of those who would go along with what "most folks say" rather than that of subject experts, facts and logic?
ЗаписыватьТузОтНовый

Goodness me! Are you so devoid of cogent arguments, that you have decided to play the man rather than the ball?
Would you care to translate "ЗаписыватьТузОтНовый" into English? Google translate is not making much sense to me.

mjr

Would you care to translate "ЗаписыватьТузОтНовый" into English? Google translate is not making much sense to me.
1647367727371.png

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Are you one of those who would go along with what "most folks say" rather than that of subject experts, facts and logic?

Goodness me! Are you so devoid of cogent arguments, that you have decided to play the man rather than the ball?
Are all subject experts of the same opinion? I am not convinced a Twitter thread with selected quotes from former politicians is conclusive proof e.g. to take just one "CIA director Bill Burns in 2008: "Ukrainian entry into NATO is the brightest of all redlines for [Russia]" and "I have yet to find anyone who views Ukraine in NATO as anything other than a direct challenge to Russian interests"". That was 14 years ago and Ukraine was no closer to NATO membership in 2022.

I must admit to not really remembering many of your previous posts other than that they seemed to be of "the West wrong, China/Russia good" variety, or perhaps I am doing you a disservice. Fair enough, if you prefer their undemocratic, totalitarian approach that doesn't respect, trust or inform their subjects over the admittedly less than perfect, broadly democratic West, that has also been involved in its own unnecessary wars, but please don't insult everyone else's intelligence by claiming the experts you agree with are right and the others are wrong.

I believe your views are ideologically rather than factually based.

Even those who like to blame NATO for this war, but realise they cannot be seen to be condoning the killing, refer to the war as if it is just due to a "maverick" Putin, ignoring the violent history of Russia and the facts that it is the Russian system that has enabled and empowered Putin and some (but not all) leaders to carry out these vile actions.

I can fully understand Russia's concerns about having another major power on their border but I think that was a pretext rather than a justifiable reason for the invasion as it was clear that Ukraine was not going to join NATO, but that was not good enough for Putin and, forgive me if I am wrong, but I am unaware of any neighbour, in or out of NATO threatening Russia's borders. In addition to this Putin does not even want Ukraine joining the EU, although this cannot be a threat to Russia but he is ideologically tied to the idea that Ukraine should still be a part of Russia.
I am not saying that the West is blameless in all this, but that is not the fault of Ukraine and in no way justifies the atrocities and war crimes that have been unleashed in their country.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Milzy

Milzy

It’s two opposite evils fighting. We will support the best of two evils to fit our own narrative.
It’s the innocent civilians I feel for.

Attachments

• 9B1EC72A-6EC0-4129-97A5-341D8E84D35A.jpeg
    9B1EC72A-6EC0-4129-97A5-341D8E84D35A.jpeg
    166.4 KB · Views: 14

Rusty Nails

Country Member
It’s two opposite evils fighting. We will support the best of two evils to fit our own narrative.
It’s the innocent civilians I feel for.
Do you actually think things through and research them, or do you just go along with the latest rubbish that your trawls find online?

On second thoughts don't answer that.

Aljazeera's report is interesting & informative, if not optimistic.

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2022/3/15/how-russias-tactics-are-evolving-in-ukraine

Putin’s political survival is increasingly linked to a successful outcome for Russia in this war, the rising death toll and slow speed of its prosecution backing him steadily into a corner, and cornered presidents are dangerous.

Interview with former head of MI6 on Toaday prog this morning was worth listening to regarding the so-called optimism around peace talks.
Putin absolutely needs a win here to ensure his survival, otherwise war continues. Don't be fooled by positivity on the Russian side, it's a smokescreen....

Top Bottom