Who Cares...??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Meanwhile .....this is from Phillip Allot,Police,Fire and Crime commissioner and part of the Conservatives !
"I didn’t think this was real at first, a police commissioner blaming Sarah Everard for ‘submitting’ to an arrest. "Women need to be streetwise...She should never have been arrested and submitted to that," he said. "Perhaps women need to just learn a bit about that legal process".
If that doesn't concern you this from the Met should....
Met Police issues advice to women to ‘shout or wave a bus down’ if they don’t trust a male officer.

Archie_tect

That's the Police's reputation busted for a generation... I can't even start to imagine how this is ever going to resolve itself.

D

Deleted member 49

Maybe for starters no single police officer should be able to arrest a lone female....except that would involve funding the police !

Beebo

Veteran
Meanwhile .....this is from Phillip Allot,Police,Fire and Crime commissioner and part of the Conservatives !
"I didn’t think this was real at first, a police commissioner blaming Sarah Everard for ‘submitting’ to an arrest. "Women need to be streetwise...She should never have been arrested and submitted to that," he said. "Perhaps women need to just learn a bit about that legal process".
Met Police issues advice to women to ‘shout or wave a bus down’ if they don’t trust a male officer.
Sounds very similar to Rees Mogg saying the Grenfell residents should have used common sense when the fire brigade were telling them to stay put.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
What? No?
Really?

I'm sorry but that is utterly unbefecking beleevable.

Have you fact checked that.??

I thought it was bad enough at the start of all this when someone said that 'Sarah shouldn't have been walking in that place'

Is this really true.??

If so, this takes police 'victim blaming' to a whole new level.
:sad:

D

Deleted member 49

What? No?
Really?

I'm sorry but that is utterly unbefecking beleevable.

Have you fact checked that.??

I thought it was bad enough at the start of all this when someone said that 'Sarah shouldn't have been walking in that place'

Is this really true.??

If so, this takes police 'victim blaming' to a whole new level.
:sad:
I'm sorry but yes that's what he said....he's a fecking charmer isn't he !

Is firing still a thing ?
I think it’s called ‘spending more time with their families’ these days….

Pale Rider

Veteran
Jess Philips, Labour's safeguarding spokeswoman, said "I would have got into the car, anybody would."

She's right about that.

While it's easy to ridicule any advice, the only realistic protection the public has is this situation is rare, bordering on unique.

lazybloke

Regular
I think you’re currently experiencing the global pinnacle of city living.
Vancouver always comes very near the top of any survey into living standards.
Plus it has a population of less than a million.
So not really a fair comparison.
I was going to say exactly the same thing. Vancouver was a top contender when I considered a move overseas

Jess Philips, Labour's safeguarding spokeswoman, said "I would have got into the car, anybody would."

She's right about that.

While it's easy to ridicule any advice, the only realistic protection the public has is this situation is rare, bordering on unique.

I heard Jess and thought she was right.

Sarah Everard appears to have been visiting a friend at a time when Covid restrictions forbade it. She was stopped by a purported plain clothes copper and as a result of their exchange she was told she'd be arrested for breaching lockdown and expected to be taken to a Police Station. I'm pretty clued up on my rights but I suspect that at the time you'd need research to find out which bits of covid emergency legislation had powers of arrest and did not.

Safest option might be to 'go quietly' on the basis that either the duty solicitor scheme or advice post charge would sort the job out.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I heard Jess and thought she was right.

Sarah Everard appears to have been visiting a friend at a time when Covid restrictions forbade it. She was stopped by a purported plain clothes copper and as a result of their exchange she was told she'd be arrested for breaching lockdown and expected to be taken to a Police Station. I'm pretty clued up on my rights but I suspect that at the time you'd need research to find out which bits of covid emergency legislation had powers of arrest and did not.

Safest option might be to 'go quietly' on the basis that either the duty solicitor scheme or advice post charge would sort the job out.

The concept of the 'arrestable offence' has always been hideously complicated and the subject of constant revision.

Covid breaches are mostly punishable by fines or even a fixed penalty, so I would be fairly confident I shouldn't be getting arrested for it.

However, resisting arrest is certainly arrestable, so my policy would also have been to have gone quietly with Couzens in the belief the matter could be sorted at the nick.

Of course, the weakness there is we'd have never arrived at the nick, so there really is no answer.

Top Bottom