Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...o-jamaica-launches-action-against-home-office

I have doubts there were any mistakes. The same with Windrush. If they think they can get away with it the establishment cronies will do it.

Reactions: C R

ebikeerwidnes

And also bizarre to claim that Harriet Harman is biased for pointing out that if the Police fine you for breaking the law, then you have also broken Parliamentary rules.

I think what they are trying to claim is that
although he admitted that he DID break the rules
When he addressed the house there was no good reason for him to KNOW he was breaking the rules

To use a recent series as a basis
Yes - you honour I did help to load 3 tones of Gold into a lorry outside that secure warehouse and yes I did see people dressed in balaclavas and stuff and with guns
BUT at the time I did not think it was againist the rules and thought that maybe it was their gold and they were feeling a bit cold after shopping for Christmas presents (the guns) for their kids
Honest gov

OK - a bit of a stretch
but as he was in charge of the rules - and in fact the whole damn country - at the time then I think the "I didn;t know it was against the rules and had no reason to think it might be and anyway no-one told me" is a bigger stretch!!!

ebikeerwidnes

Apparently there has recently been an increase in Tory MPs taking extra jobs
sometimes at quite high salaries - well - high for you and me

now - some of these are not unreasonable - like a lawyer accepting a job as an advisor for a major law firm

but Gavin Williamson has taken a job as an advisor for - I think - a very big amount of money

now - I dunno about you - but if I was part of a firm that wanted Gavin Williamson as an "advisor" then I would worry
unless - of course - he can bring something else to the table????

Now - don;t get me wrong - if I was a Tory MP (!!!) then at this point I would be looking around for plan B
just in case - in the unlikely event - that the next election goes badly for the Tories then I want an income already up and running
because I suspect there might be a rush after the next results day

albion

Guru
All the scoundrels seem to have extra jobs. Boris Johnsons extra was already there pre Brexit working for the Brexit Telegraph.

The far right hedge funds paid well too.

The look of greed in Kwarteng’s eyes when he realises he has underpriced himself :laugh:

View: https://twitter.com/bydonkeys/status/1639689865238306816?s=61&t=IaNHN0MzKohAo3Ktl0DsFQ

CWS.

4D7627CE-3327-4E78-A18D-7795402BFEC3.jpeg

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
To be fair though, aren't these stings fairly routine, and haven't they shown Labour politicians of the non-too distant past to be no less grasping, vain, self-serving and corrupt? Hoon. Straw. Blair.
And wasn't it honours even in the expenses scandal; e.g. Gerald Kaufman's B&O telly? Ian Lavery's pigeon cree? The tax-payer footing the bill for heating the kennels of Dennis Skinner's whippets?

D

Deleted member 49

2019 Labour Manifesto under Corbyn banned MP's from taking second jobs... Starmer was stopped from working for Mischon De Reya.

multitool

Shaman
You trying to find a difference between Labour and the Tories ?
Starmer. "I wasn't in talks...I was having a discussion"
#3Dtool

Yes.

The difference is Tories got elected.

I know. It's a tiny little, unimportant detail that you like to ignore while you bask in the glow of Saint Corbyn.

il_fullxfull.1395085447_gvzn_2048x2048.jpg

Top Bottom