Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
You might know him better as Pike ?
Just a thought but does the Queen actually have the power to say "Gav ! You've got to be taking the piss...I'm not knighting him" ?
That guy off of dad's army??

Ah , I see now , I thought at first rugby player??

Now I recall, yea gods .

Just how mediocre do you have to be to get a knighthood these days.??

Gavin Williamson is getting a knighthood :laugh:
Can't really say more than that !
Are you sure? There was speculation after he was sacked again last year - not normally an impediment - but he missed the recent New Year list. I can’t find anything more recent.

Your probally right...
I reckon she has a better handle on it than I do but apart from Williamson’s knowledge of where the bodies are buried I can’t see any connection to the Red Meat agenda. I always had the impression that even amongst most Tories he was seen as a lightweight liability.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
We've seen your Corbyn posts over the years . Hook, line , sinker , rod and reel.
My criticism of him have not been of his politics but his incompetence and lack of ability as a leader, and the fact that, however unfair, he was never going to be someone to get the confidence of the electorate as a whole. I still stand by those views after seeing him as leader for four years. Sadly he was the Michael Foot of the Labour Party but without the intellect.
In an ideal world perhaps people would have seen through the attacks on him but this is not an ideal world and when voting for a potential government pragmatism takes over, in my case at least but possibly not yours. As leader he never had a successful election campaign, whether GE, local elections or EU elections. His greatest electoral success came when he lost closely to the almost equally disastrous Theresa May, and his supporters still cling to that Marlon Brando "I could have been a contender" moment as a sign of his ability, forgetting his 32 years of anonymity as a backbencher.
Meanwhile the Tories are still in power, with a huge majority.........just.

D

Deleted member 49

My criticism of him have not been of his politics but his incompetence and lack of ability as a leader, and the fact that, however unfair, he was never going to be someone to get the confidence of the electorate as a whole. I still stand by those views after seeing him as leader for four years. Sadly he was the Michael Foot of the Labour Party but without the intellect.
In an ideal world perhaps people would have seen through the attacks on him but this is not an ideal world and when voting for a potential government pragmatism takes over, in my case at least but possibly not yours. As leader he never had a successful election campaign, whether GE, local elections or EU elections. His greatest electoral success came when he lost closely to the almost equally disastrous Theresa May, and his supporters still cling to that Marlon Brando "I could have been a contender" moment as a sign of his ability, forgetting his 32 years of anonymity as a backbencher.
Meanwhile the Tories are still in power, with a huge majority.........just.
Never had a successful campaign lol...you believe what you read same as most.Dont let facts cloud your judgement....
Labour got 40% in 2017 because Theresa May ran a bad campaign and nothing else lol.Even though there was huge evidence that Labour's policies were popular with the electorate ?
Suppose the Tories bad polling know is because Starmer is such a forensic leader ? He has gone up in the polling hasn't he...
There's still people believe he's going to try for re joining the EU !:laugh:

the snail

Never had a successful campaign lol...you believe what you read same as most.Dont let facts cloud your judgement....
Labour got 40% in 2017 because Theresa May ran a bad campaign and nothing else lol.Even though there was huge evidence that Labour's policies were popular with the electorate ?
Suppose the Tories bad polling know is because Starmer is such a forensic leader ? He has gone up in the polling hasn't he...
Of course! How could we forget the triumphant defeat of 2017?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
He had a successful campaign for leader.

Tell me the other successful election campaigns, other than the consolation prize of a close second to May.

It may well be that there was huge evidence Labour's policies were more popular.......but still they lost, which makes it even worse for Corbyn. Accept that the reason was Corbyn's unpopularity with those same electors. Unfair for all sorts of reasons but his job was to get back into government and he failed. You cannot re-write history just because you didn't like it.

Starmer is just lucky and I'll take that if it helps get rid of of the Tories.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

He had a successful campaign for leader.

Tell me the other successful election campaigns, other than the consolation prize of a close second to May.

It may well be that there was huge evidence Labour's policies were more popular.......but still they lost, which makes it even worse for Corbyn. Accept that the reason was Corbyn's unpopularity with those same electors. Unfair for all sorts of reasons but his job was to get back into government and he failed. You cannot re-write history just because you didn't like it.

I do love the way you spout this shite without a mention of Brexit lol...
What will you take though ? You haven't a clue what he is....any Labour goverment is better than the Tories ! If you say so.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I do love the way you spout this shite without a mention of Brexit lol...

What will you take though ? You haven't a clue what he is....any Labour goverment is better than the Tories ! If you say so.
I know. Brexit just snuck up on everyone and the Labour Party didn't have the opportunity to have played a stronger role in fighting it before the referendum. I agree that Starmer played a major role as Brexit Secretary in designing their policy on Brexit before and after the referendum, but remind me who was Labour Leader at that time to take overall responsibility, or was he not a strong enough leader to disagree with Starmer?

Never mind, according to you his bad luck was everyone's responsibility except the man in charge who didn't put a foot wrong.

Still waiting for those successful campaign facts to uncloud my judgement.

D

Deleted member 49

I know. Brexit just snuck up on everyone and the Labour Party didn't have the opportunity to have played a stronger role in fighting it before the referendum. I agree that Starmer played a major role as Brexit Secretary in designing their policy on Brexit before and after the referendum, but remind me who was Labour Leader at that time to take overall responsibility, or was he not a strong enough leader to disagree with Starmer?

Never mind, according to you his bad luck was everyone's responsibility except the man in charge who didn't put a foot wrong.

Still waiting for those successful campaign facts to uncloud my judgement.
The only real difference between the 2017 and 2019 manifesto was Brexit ? In 2017 Labour gained 3.5 million votes so I'd say it was pretty popular ? People weren't voting on Brexit then as far as I recall.
But as you say they didnt know the "real Corbyn" then...he'd only been in the job since 2015 :rolleyes:
All water under the bridge though and we're all cosy with Keir now.

Mugshot

Über Member
The only real difference between the 2017 and 2019 manifesto was Brexit ? In 2017 Labour gained 3.5 million votes so I'd say it was pretty popular ? People weren't voting on Brexit then as far as I recall.
But as you say they didnt know the "real Corbyn" then...he'd only been in the job since 2015 :rolleyes:
All water under the bridge though and we're all cosy with Keir now.
2017 election after 2016 referendum wasn't about Brexit, but the 2019 election was?

Anyway, here's Tory and Labour key manifesto pledges from 2017, biggest difference i can see between 2017 and 2019 is Labour said they'd take their renegotiated plan back to the electorate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39960311 - Tory

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39933116 - Labour

D

Deleted member 49

2017 election after 2016 referendum wasn't about Brexit, but the 2019 election was?

Anyway, here's Tory and Labour key manifesto pledges from 2017, biggest difference i can see between 2017 and 2019 is Labour said they'd take their renegotiated plan back to the electorate.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39960311 - Tory

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39933116 - Labour
Thanks as I said the biggest difference was Brexit ? 2017big enough gains.
2019 well we know about that !
So am I wrong in saying that in 2017 it was respect the referendum...
2019 it wasnt.....well we know the rest.

Top Bottom