Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

There was plenty of outrage from within the Labour Party, but little from outside because, although it may have passed your notice and it was definitely unfair, Corbyn was unpopular with many on the right and left.
Why do you think that was....what changed from say 2017 🙄
I believe you are prepared to liken unfair smears on Starmer by Johnson as just playground stuff because you do not rate him at all, unlike Corbyn, which is just a bit hypocritical.
Bollox....the smears aren't in the same league.But hypocritical lol
As for do I rate Starmer ? Think you know how I feel about that.Thats not the point though is it.What the feck am I meant to rate him on....
I don't give a toss about people like Friedland, and I have learned to expect little less from most political journalists, and I am certainly not outraged by comments from people like him, just saddened. Sadly politics is getting dirtier in this age of instant communication and round the clock commentary.
Agree to a point but when youve got a so called liberal paper like the Guardian spreading lies and smears you do wonder....

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Why do you think that was....what changed from say 2017 🙄
Nothing wrt to Corbyn. The smears were there before that, but the main change from 2017 was that he was not up against May.
Bollox....the smears aren't in the same league.But hypocritical lol
As for do I rate Starmer ? Think you know how I feel about that.Thats not the point though is it.What the feck am I meant to rate him on....
So you are the arbiter on the seriousness of smears?
To say someone is a crap leader of a political party is not a smear, some of the the anti-semitism stuff was.
Agree to a point but when youve got a so called liberal paper like the Guardian spreading lies and smears you do wonder....
Other than the three about anti-semitism the others are valid political opinions. They may be right or wrong, but are not facts or lies.

D

Deleted member 49

Other than the three about anti-semitism the others are valid political opinions. They may be right or wrong, but are not facts or lies.
Yea right....did the Czech spy,Terrorist lover,Russian spy,IRA slip your mind lol.

So you are the arbiter on the seriousness of smears?
To say someone is a crap leader of a political party is not a smear, some of the the anti-semitism stuff was.
I'm not too sure of your point here...I dislike Starmer not as a person but because of what he stands for.Hes not what I want out of politics.I dont yearn for the Blair years.Im more interested in what he stands for which as far as I've seen is feck all.Except not being the Tories.Where is he on renationalising things ? The actual things that are going to change people's lives for the better or so we'd hope.Id seriously need to check the guys got a pulse lately.
That's the reason I think he's a crap/poor choice as leader of the party.dwindling membership would also indicate many others do to.Maybe your fooled by a slick suit and looking the part but not me.

FishFright

There was plenty of outrage from within the Labour Party, but little from outside because, although it may have passed your notice and it was definitely unfair, Corbyn was unpopular with many on the right and left.
I believe you are prepared to liken unfair smears on Starmer by Johnson as just playground stuff because you do not rate him at all, unlike Corbyn, which is just a bit hypocritical.
I don't give a toss about people like Freedland, and I have learned to expect little less from most political journalists, and I am certainly not outraged by comments from people like him, just saddened. Sadly politics is getting dirtier in this age of instant communication and round the clock commentary.

Like I posted the other day , some people cling to lies like a life raft rather than admit they could have been wrong about someone.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yea right....did the Czech spy,Terrorist lover,Russian spy,IRA slip your mind lol.
View attachment 666

I'm not too sure of your point here...I dislike Starmer not as a person but because of what he stands for.Hes not what I want out of politics.I dont yearn for the Blair years.Im more interested in what he stands for which as far as I've seen is feck all.Except not being the Tories.Where is he on renationalising things ? The actual things that are going to change people's lives for the better or so we'd hope.Id seriously need to check the guys got a pulse lately.
That's the reason I think he's a crap/poor choice as leader of the party.dwindling membership would also indicate many others do to.Maybe your fooled by a slick suit and looking the part but not me.
Did Freedland, who was the subject of your post, print that poster? Was he in the "Campaign against Corbynism" group who did print it? Give us the inside information.

Just one more time for clarity, yes Corbyn was unfairly smeared, but he is quite correctly now long gone and is not coming back, and you are right about Starmer's performance to date, but I believe it would be disastrous for Labour to get into a leadership contest at this stage unless there is some obvious candidate who will clearly unite the party and be able to gain the confidence of most of the electorate.

Meanwhile Johnson still resorts to smears when desperate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Did Freedland, who was the subject of your post, print that poster? Was he in the "Campaign against Corbyn" group who did print it? Give us the inside information.
Right I get you now,were only talking about Freedland the rest don't matter.Glad you cleared that up
Just one more time for clarity, yes Corbyn was unfairly smeared, but he is quite correctly now long gone and is not coming back, and you are right about Starmer's performance to date, but I believe it would be disastrous for Labour to get into a leadership contest at this stage unless there is some obvious candidate who will clearly unite the party and have the confidence of most of the electorate.
Your point ? You do have one don't you....is it to get behind Starmer because he's the only alternative.No matter what.
I'll not vote for Labour under him.The final thing last week or so of welcoming a Tory into the party whilst not Corbyn confirmed that for me.Im under no illusion that we're not going back to Corbyn as leader.But out of principle Starmers Labour can feck right off for me.

What difference should that make?

Are people of colour more likely to swallow the whole "racism thing" hook, line and sinker?
I should have been clearer.

There is, in the UK, a well funded and well connected Jewish lobby. As well as being a voice for Jews in this country the lobby is also vociferously pro-Israel. It would be surprising if Israel didn't regard a man with pro Palestinian views controlling a seat on the UN Security Council as a serious threat.
Through various channels including but not limited to the Jewish Chronicle that lobby were keen to establish the view that Corbyn was an anti-Semite. The view that he was/is gained considerable traction in the Jewish communities of the UK. Another forum I use has a Jewish member who's real identity as a professional in Manchester is not difficult to discern. He was and remains convinced that a Corby government could presage another Holocaust.

Freedland was to some extent on the same hymn sheet.

It's probable that in at least one 'red wall' seat, Christian Wakeford's Bury South, the Jewish vote and the statements of former MP who was himself Jewish swung the seat for Boris.

I've no problem with the Jewish community advocating for itself but I believe we need to be very aware of their motives and the extent to which Israel's government influences them.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I should have been clearer.

There is, in the UK, a well funded and well connected Jewish lobby. As well as being a voice for Jews in this country the lobby is also vociferously pro-Israel. It would be surprising if Israel didn't regard a man with pro Palestinian views controlling a seat on the UN Security Council as a serious threat.
Through various channels including but not limited to the Jewish Chronicle that lobby were keen to establish the view that Corbyn was an anti-Semite. The view that he was/is gained considerable traction in the Jewish communities of the UK. Another forum I use has a Jewish member who's real identity as a professional in Manchester is not difficult to discern. He was and remains convinced that a Corby government could presage another Holocaust.

Freedland was to some extent on the same hymn sheet.

It's probable that in at least one 'red wall' seat, Christian Wakeford's Bury South, the Jewish vote and the statements of former MP who was himself Jewish swung the seat for Boris.

I've no problem with the Jewish community advocating for itself but I believe we need to be very aware of their motives and the extent to which Israel's government influences them.

Isn't that true of ANY group?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Right I get you now,were only talking about Freedland the rest don't matter.Glad you cleared that up

Your point ? You do have one don't you....is it to get behind Starmer because he's the only alternative.No matter what.
I'll not vote for Labour under him.The final thing last week or so of welcoming a Tory into the party whilst not Corbyn confirmed that for me.Im under no illusion that we're not going back to Corbyn as leader.But out of principle Starmers Labour can feck right off for me.
You posted specifically about Freedland and his articles. I pointed out the obvious flaw in your argument, that those were not actually smears, but you prefer to deflect again.

The rest do, or did, matter but that sort of smear campaign is very sadly part of political life and is not going to go away by tut-tutting about it.

You, of course, have the option of not voting for Starmer in the full knowledge that will strengthen the Tory vote, unless of course the party you support wins the seat. The Greens could be an option, assuming of course that you would also never vote for the LDs.

Your principles, your vote. No one can argue with that.

Top Bottom