Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I should have been clearer.

There is, in the UK, a well funded and well connected Jewish lobby. As well as being a voice for Jews in this country the lobby is also vociferously pro-Israel. It would be surprising if Israel didn't regard a man with pro Palestinian views controlling a seat on the UN Security Council as a serious threat.
Through various channels including but not limited to the Jewish Chronicle that lobby were keen to establish the view that Corbyn was an anti-Semite. The view that he was/is gained considerable traction in the Jewish communities of the UK. Another forum I use has a Jewish member who's real identity as a professional in Manchester is not difficult to discern. He was and remains convinced that a Corby government could presage another Holocaust.

Freedland was to some extent on the same hymn sheet.

It's probable that in at least one 'red wall' seat, Christian Wakeford's Bury South, the Jewish vote and the statements of former MP who was himself Jewish swung the seat for Boris.

I've no problem with the Jewish community advocating for itself but I believe we need to be very aware of their motives and the extent to which Israel's government influences them.
I agree with much of the post, but would add that your last sentence could be changed to include most "communities" which campaign on any issue.

To what extent was Freedland on the hymn sheet that presaged another Holocaust? Or was it just because he saw Corbyn as a disaster as Labour Leader and had the temerity to say so in a broadly left-leaning national newspaper? Either he is right in his views or he is wrong, but it is wrong imo to query his motivation because of his religion.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
That straw just sank . But I'm sure you'll be back with the same nonsense every single time Corbyn's name comes up.
Only when people continue to ignore his lack of ability as a leader and his party's record in national, local and EU elections under his command. So we could be here for the long haul.

Milzy

And not here either, or possibly on Old NACA. I once had a ticking off from @Pale Rider * who did his best to persuade me that I ran a small but real risk of being sued for describing Johnson as a liar.

Bring it on, I say. I’m pretty sure I could defend my position.

* I genuinely hope he’s OK and just taking a break. With the ongoing Johnson chaos it wouldn’t be an easy forum for him to return to at the moment.
Hopefully he’ll never return, if he admits the Torie faults then fine come back.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Can we keep on the (vast) topic of Tory corruption/sleaze in this thread please?

The comparative qualities of Labour party leaders are worth discussing but in a thread dedicated to that subject.

D

Deleted member 49

You posted specifically about Freedland and his articles. I pointed out the obvious flaw in your argument, that those were not actually smears, but you prefer to deflect again.
I think you'll find that I didn't specifically mention Freedland,I just posted that for effect

Ian H

Legendary Member
Not behind a paywall at the time of posting.
https://www.ft.com/content/85fc694c-9222-11e9-b7ea-60e35ef678d2
And a quote from it:-
In an essay for The Oxford Myth (1988), a book edited by his sister Rachel, Johnson advised aspiring student politicians to assemble “a disciplined and deluded collection of stooges” to get out the vote. “Lonely girls from the women’s colleges” who “back their largely male candidates with a porky decisiveness” were particularly useful, he wrote. “For these young women, machine politics offers human friction and warmth.” Reading this, you realise why almost all Union presidents who become Tory politicians are men. (Thatcher’s domain was OUCA, where she was president in 1946.) Johnson added: “The tragedy of the stooge is that . . . he wants so much to believe that his relationship with the candidate is special that he shuts out the truth. The terrible art of the candidate is to coddle the self-deception of the stooge.” Tory MPs now backing Johnson’s candidacy for leader may find the essay interesting.

D

Deleted member 49

Just posted for effect? Isn’t that called trolling, when @shep (allegedly) does that?
Maybe before comment take a look back at my previous posts ? I started with no mention of Freedland....I used him as a example.Then I get told by Rusty that this was only about Freedland.So I clarified that.....you getting me so far ?
So before you try and be a smart arse try reading the thread first.
Just a thought 🙄

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Maybe before comment take a look back at my previous posts ? I started with no mention of Freedland....I used him as a example.Then I get told by Rusty that this was only about Freedland.So I clarified that.....you getting me so far ?
So before you try and be a smart arse try reading the thread first.
Just a thought 🙄

I have read the thread. It was you who said you just “said it for effect”. No objection personally, quite an entertaining exchange.

D

Deleted member 49

I have read the thread. It was you who said you just “said it for effect”. No objection personally, quite an entertaining exchange.
I used him as a example then....what's your point ? You do have one....

Top Bottom